Fuck its hard to get people to listen to your mixes on this thread

Hey!Zeus

Tracklist

1.Drumsound and Bassline Smith - Close
2.Mind Vortex - Hotbox
3.Tantrum Desire - Get with it
4.The Maxx - Cocaine (Matrix & Futile Remix)
5.Netsky - Detonate
6.Delta Heavy - Get by
7.Tantrum Desire - Cape Fear
8.Ayah Marar - Mind Controller (ShockOne Remix)
9.Camo & Krooked vs. Body N Soul - The Reward
10.Tantrum Desire - Pay your own way
11.Subfocus - Timewarp
12.The Protoypes - Abyss
13.Chase and Status - Smash TV
14.DC Breaks - Move Closer
15.Wilkinson - Tonight
16.Culture Shock - I remember
17.Subfocus - Out the Blue
18.Netsky - Give and Take
19.Sigma and T Phonic - Do you love
20.2DB - Amiga Man
21.Hadouken! - Parasite (Instrumental Version)
22.TC - Bass by the tonne
23.Far too loud - Lightbringer
24.Tantrum Desire - Uncontrolled
25.Chase and Status - No Problem
26.Matix and Futile - Wreck the noise
27.Loadstar - Second Skin (Hey!Zeus Rerub)
28.TC - Whats going on
29.Metrik - Engine Room
30.Culture Shock - Trogolyte
31.Skism & DC Breaks - Killer (Tantrum Desire Remix)
32.Knife Party - Bonfire
33.Metrik - Flightwave
34.Tantrum Desire - Higher
35.DJ Fresh feat. Dizzee Rascal - The Power (Andy C remix)
36.Loadstar - Bomber
37.Camo and Krooked - Cryptkeeper
38.Camo and Krooked Ft TC - Get Dirty (Smooth Remix)
39.The Qemists Be Electric VIP
40.Orbital - Halycon On and On (Self Indulgance Alert)

hmmm...
i'll be brutally honest with you mate.

1. give and take - ive never seen ur name check anyones mixes. i could but wrong but i havent noticed.
people are more likely to check yours if you have checked theirs. we are all in the same boat.

2. you tracklist is very synth pop like. its certainly not to my personal tastes but there is plenty of people on here that would love it, but sadly its more new to dnb people and they are less likely to give you a reassuring comment or thanks, let alone some feedback. why?? i dont know maybe its just this site in particular.

3. the title of your thread "fuck its hard to get...lalala" instantly says nobody listens to your mixes. i see what your trying to do but sadly it gives off the impression of poor quality. not saying it is, i havent listend so i don't know, but thats the initial impression.

i hope that helps and you don't take offence to anything ive said.
there are simple things you can do to get people to listen. i know people that makes 2 min tunes that have difficulty getting people to listen to that so a hour plus long mixtape....... you really have to sell it somehow. good luck

Yeh very true mate. Sorry it just like my 4th time posting a mix and I get absolutely zero response... so just having a bit of a rage. In saying that I agree with everything you mentioned. Listening to your mix now.

the more you contribute to the forum, especially in regards to listening to other peoples mixes and feeding back on theirs, the more chance you have of them listening to yours.

my first few barely got noticed, but after i started listening to other peoples more i got more feedback myself

I find if you take the time getting to know people on the forum they will check your mixes and you will check theres. This is a community after all. Give and take. not anything against you though mate. The worst thing you can do is moan about it. Just keep going, bump your threads every now and then as a reminder to people that may have missed it!

be positive! cause being negative will not get you anywhere. 3rd unnotized mix? this isn't anything. i mean think about it. nobody knows anything about you and there are ass loads of other homegrown bedroom dj-s out there who are trying the same thing you are. so just be persistent and positive. people will start to notice you, but it will not happen overnight, it takes time.

cheers! :cheerlead

contribute a bit more methinks, its sad that a forum 'unknown' will automatically get less feedback but it's the way of the world and it certainly won't hurt to get involved more actively. i'd have a listen but im really not into this side of dnb any more, sorry geez

The problem is that a lot of the people on here don't like the type of tracks you play. I have the same problem, I don't get much feedback and I don't like to give feedback on the DnB that I'm not into. I like these tracks, it's my style. But if people don't like the style of the tracks, they are not going to give feedback. (If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.) Like I said, I like these tracks, I use a lot of them in my mixes. However, just some constructive critisism:

I like the mix and I think that the beat matching is great, but on some of the mixes there are timing issues on when to drop a track and stop playing the previous track. Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of the mixes that are timed perfectly. But basically it would be a lot better for some of the mixes if you just drop the next track and stop playing the previous track. That way it will flow better.

But like I said, these are my type of tracks and I think this mix would be a lot sicker if the timing was better on some of the mixes. That's just my opinion tho.

Last edited:
I, on the other hand, have no problem with synthy, poppy, dancefloor dnb, and I will give this a listen. Its far back in the queue, but I will listen.

Thank you boys and girls of dnbforum for giving a relative newcomer a listen, as I remember quite clearly the days I was that person. I agree, though, giving feedback and being an active part of the forum will certainly make a major difference in how many people listen to you.

contribute a bit more methinks, its sad that a forum 'unknown' will automatically get less feedback but it's the way of the world and it certainly won't hurt to get involved more actively. i'd have a listen but im really not into this side of dnb any more, sorry geez

:word:

there is people on here that listen to this stuff though.
Just gotta hunt em down, give feedback on their stuff and in return you will get some.

Hire a private eye. There'll get to the bottom of this..

I think I all depends on what u play and again to reiterate nearly every post.. If you listen to other headz mixes they will usually feedback on yours.

My impression of this forum is that it slants towards the rolling tetchy vibe and minimal exit records esq sort of vibes, so I've seen mixes in those forms get more praise than others..

Not saying you should change your style coz that's stupid..

So there's my two cents

Back
Top Bottom