Fuck it, just destroyed mit turntables :(

groelle

VIP Junglist
yeah, that pretty much sums it up. i built a stand for it and a stash for my vinyl above it ..

now all the vinyls + the construction fell on my numark 1625s and destroyed their tonearms.

so, basically, what are my options?

buying new turntables is the most obvious possibility as the numarks werent any good at all, but in all honesty i dont got any money to buy technics.. so, do i got any other options?

well for the short term i would say buy new tone arms for ur numarks if u cant afford technics. But if and when u do upgrade ur turntables, only do it the once, i.e. buy technics cos theyre a seriosuly good fucking investment. i picked a pair up with ortofon concord cartidges and styli for £400 inc p+p on eBay. I cudnt afford em new but they work just fine and are my most prized possesion. safe

ahh well, i just realised that on one turntable it isnt just the tonearm. looks fine but doesnt work properly as i cant adjust the counterweight anymore, more or less it stays in the position i move it in, no matter how i put the counterweight.

the other tonearm needs replacement as the holder for the counterweight (dunno how to call it,lol) just broke..

hmpf. im well fucked i guess..

ahh well, i just realised that on one turntable it isnt just the tonearm. looks fine but doesnt work properly as i cant adjust the counterweight anymore, more or less it stays in the position i move it in, no matter how i put the counterweight.

the other tonearm needs replacement as the holder for the counterweight (dunno how to call it,lol) just broke..

hmpf. im well fucked i guess..

I think its £90 to have the full tone arm and counterweight replaced on a TT1625 (inculding fitting), or at least it was about a year or 2 ago...

Shit thats unlucky man. Just try and get the replacement parts off of the numark website.
Saying that I spilt water on my Technics last week. There ok thank god lol.

storing vinyl above your turntables = noob fail

think so ... :/

I'd go with replacing the parts on the Numarks, if you can't afford new decks. Have you got a local shop that do services?

no. dont think so. dont know if theres a shop round germany which can replace&fix it att all ...

I think its £90 to have the full tone arm and counterweight replaced on a TT1625 (inculding fitting), or at least it was about a year or 2 ago...

~240€ for just replacing the 2 tonearms and counterweights?! fuck it, for that price i could get new ones o_O

try getting them fixed, anyone who repares stereo equipment/keyboards can fix t-tables

but yea, your really half stepping with numarks

Back
Top Bottom