Fuck all MC's i like DNB nor RAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny funny thread :D

At least it almost transcended into the MC/HOST argument.

whatever your opinion, you should f*cking respect drum and bass if you love it so much.

Shabba does my head in but even he was pretty sick in the late 90's and i have respect
for him for helping to shape the scene.

i can't work out what sort of DNB they must be listening to?

No ragga = no jungle

No jump up = no bassline

no dance&bass = no liquid/brasilfunk.

maybe they just loop a f*cking amen for 6 hrs - hang on, didn't that come out of hip-hop/rap?

what ever it is i bet their rave sounds sh*t and the only reason people turn up is the 'Lynx effect'.

you ever heard of limewax, cooh, current value, machine code etc? thats what they hear down there.. ^^

you ever heard of limewax, cooh, current value, machine code etc? thats what they hear down there.. ^^

no i hadn't. now i have and still wish i hadn't.

i refer to my earlier statement...

what ever it is i bet their rave sounds sh*t and the only reason people turn up is the 'Lynx effect'.

so having listened to current value etc, you say its shit, would you go for the "lynx effect"?
i very much doubt people would go for that reason, its like me going to lady gaga for that reason - just wouldn't happen.

no i hadn't. now i have and still wish i hadn't.

i refer to my earlier statement...

You claim to love dnb but you have never heard of them artists?

You claim to love dnb but you have never heard of them artists?

well i dont claim, i know i love dnb... i literally eat, sleep and breath it! most of my free thinking time (that isn't about poon) is spent thinking about tunes, and how to make em...

i aint heard or heard of these artsits... does that mean i dont love dnb too?

the-lynx-effect-banner.jpg

give me V Recordings, 31 Records, Ebony, Certificate 18, MDZ, Ram, Valve,
Full Cycle, Ganja, Virus, True Playaz, Moving Shadow & Renegade and stick
this horrible Latvian shit cunt music up your jap's eye and pull it out of your
shit-whistle.

give me V Recordings, 31 Records, Ebony, Certificate 18, MDZ, Ram, Valve,
Full Cycle, Ganja, Virus, True Playaz, Moving Shadow & Renegade and stick
this horrible Latvian shit cunt music up your jap's eye and pull it out of your
shit-whistle.

you are an idiot, thats for sure. indulging people cause of their taste in music?!

and i dont specially like them tunes either, but there are quite a few that ARE really good and you cant despise that. by saying current value is shit you could also say drum and bass is shit, such a prolific and at times even very diverse producer. ..

and @Richie: i really think you should expand your horizon and have a look into these artists, limewax even made some jump-uppy tunes you should like, for instance:

still strange tho you love drum and bass and havent even heard half of it. lol. thats like saying you love your girlfriend without even having seen her ass. lol.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

haha just listened to agent orange again and it could well be one of your tunes richie, stylewise :D

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think people that love rap music have heard every rap artist out there, or people into grime have heard of every grime artist??

its not like theyre "any" artists lol. that even is a style on its own and its most likely one of the biggest outside of the uk. go to any event in the usa and youll get to hear current value. go to anywhere in eastern europe, you will hear his tunes.

that man is touring the world for 10 years with his music. most likely the biggest artist thats not a uk-resident and you lot havent even heard of him?

i dont say you have to know everyone, but not knowing any of the 3 of current value, cooh and limewax is just wrong!

wheres the gambit when you need him? :D

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

btw lol. you lot thought neomind invented a new musical style then? or the gambit would be the only dj in the world spinning "hard" records? lol

didnt thought it was THAT unpopular in the uk. some heads MUST know what im talking about..

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

and after reading the last 2 pages again. lol, going there for the "lynx-effect" (what is meant by that btw?!) - you wont go to any such event if you dont love the music, otherwise youd puke. and yeah, its that hard, that metalheads or renegade hardware is like a bobby car against it.

and on a side note, what were you thinking they play at those gigantic russian events with more than 10k ravers?

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

for sure i meant insulting. and another lol @ you. you really understand how to not let others see you as an idiot. and thats not even meant in an insulting way..

i dont care what you think of it, to make that clear., but you definately insulted listeners of this musical genre earlier - not that im one of them - but insulting people for their taste is just wrong (and atleast they dont listen to gash pop or trance music, were id understand that youd diss them..) and idiotic...

do you know what i think the main difference is?

drum and bass (that we invented in London) came out of rave/dance music.

this stuff comes more from thrash metal.

really opposing genres - which is why opinions clash so much.

i'm not an idiot btw.

"you" invented drum and bass?

nevertheless, that stuff has the same roots, but only other influences.

and btw, you never heard of dylan, donny, evol intent or freak recordings, barcode and so on aswell?! im really shocked atm.

and that was clever, editing the insulting post. you may not be an idiot, but you obviously came across as one.

I said 'we' not 'i'.

Yes mate, we invented drum and bass and punk and television and telephones and radio and computers and HTML and tanks and trains and football and boxing and tennis and cricket and fucking loads of other stuff i cant find in two minutes on wikipedia.

i have dylan and evol intent and freak rec on vinyl. i'm not adverse to dark or hard drum and bass. this isn't even that though.

we obviously have opposing opinions, but that still wouldn't warrant me calling you an idiot, that would be insulting.

one of the best nights i have ever been to was dj KALBATA @ Hafenklang in Hamburg last year - the guy is Israeli and he's
managed to capture the transition of rave/drum and bass from London c1990.

that guy i respect - he know's what he's on about.

this stuff get's no credit from me because it is not relative or contextual to the foundations or history of drum and bass.

i like drum and bass because i like it's foundations in hip-hop, reggae, ragga, dance music and rave.

you can only like this kind of 'SkullFuckStep' if your musical influences are thrash metal, emo or punk.

and for this reason, i won't be investing in this idea, so... i'm out.

James-Caan-quits-dragons-den.jpg

why should everything have to be contextual to the history of drum and bass for you to give it credit?
can you not see how narrow minded that is?

and no offence don't try and claim that the heavy stuff comes from thrash metal. its still drum & bass and as such has evolved from the jungle/hardcore/rave scene.
it takes some influence from heavy stuff like thrash metal.

i'm not trying to tell you wrong (although i think you are) as its your opinion, but before you make such broad and sweeping claims go and listen to more of it and try and understand it a bit more

there is no situation or conceivable environment in which i would want to listen to this music - i would rather live in Hull.

at the end of the day - i might be in the minority on this forum, which seems to be frequented by a fair amount of deathcore heads,
but get off your computer and out into the real world and 9/10 people who fucking love drum and bass will fucking hate this.

fact.

there is no situation or conceivable environment in which i would want to listen to this music - i would rather live in Hull.

at the end of the day - i might be in the minority on this forum, which seems to be frequented by a fair amount of deathcore heads,
but get off your computer and out into the real world and 9/10 people who fucking love drum and bass will fucking hate this.

fact.

fair enough.

now go through yourself under a train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom