Fruity VST's in other programs..

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
Easy peeps... got a question for you all!

When i first started making tunes, i used fruity loops... made some pretty sick stuff, but nothing like i am making in ableton now. However, i found getting those gritty jump up mid sounds easier in some of the fruity VST's such as 3x Osc or Sytrus.

I had a moment of brilliance last night and thought instead of recording these sound into ableton, i thought why not run them IN ableton... so i copied the .dll vst files into my vst folder but only 'slayer' showed up and wouldn't even work in live! :confused:

so, if someone could tell me how to get them to work i would be very greatful :not_worth (or even tell me it wont work so i can give up trying!)

cheers

Mr stix aka the yokel

i think the majority of FL's plugins are not in VST format.... they have their own format that only FL will accept

some of them are (toxic biohazard, direct wave, etc) are available in VST format... but i guess the ones bundled with the software might be in the fruity format

on second thoughts.... you say you copied them from FL's VST folder right??? so id guess they are in VST format then..... alot of VST's need installing properly, not just copying the dll's... they are already installed where they are, so what you need to do is set ableton to use the FL VST folder as one of its VST directorys

dont ask me how... i have very little experience with ableton, check the manual on how to do that

Why don't you just create the sounds you want in FL and export them as wavs and just hit them up in ableton? Sounds a lot easier to me or are you trying to avoid the dependancy of having multiple daws?

sorry but that is the long way of doing things.... just tell ableton where your vst folder is

its pretty simple

Fair enough mate but I personally don't see it that way. The guy stated that he found it quicker and easier to create the sounds he wanted with plugins limited to FL. Why make things harder on yourself?

sorry but that is the long way of doing things.... just tell ableton where your vst folder is

its pretty simple

well the reason i didn't do it in the first palce is because my VST folder is elsewhere, didn't want to start muddling things up! unfortunatly ableton only alows one vst folder? gay huh! i have done the exporting as loops and recording directly in but it is long long long, and is then un-editable etc blah blah

but thanks all for the responses, i'll get on the case tonight!

i have ableton live lite 6... never used it tbh but let me take a look....

ok under.... options > preferences > file folder > plug-in sources.... its seems you can have a custom vst folder, i would assume this is in addition to abletons own vst folder

not sure what version your using but if it has this option, just browse for the fl's vst folder

Last edited:
i can open fl like a vst in ableton just drag it into a midi chanel
and from there you can use anything in fl

dont ask me how i got it there, it was just there sorry gimmie a pm if u wanna chat dont find many people using ableton on here

peace

Back
Top Bottom