Fruity Sample Problems from a noob!

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
i have downloaded a couple of sample packs for my drums, but when i layer one up with either a fruity preset sample or something from another pack i have downloaded it's slightly off the beat so i get a d-dun d-dun d-dun sound..

Can anyone help me out? As i said, im a noob lol, and not completely familiar with all the terminology and stuff so try and explain in noob language lol!

Cheers

sorry mate i wish i could tell you i use ableton :/

ah just when u drop a sample in click top left down pointing arrow thing in ur channel settings box and go detectbpm read that that might help?

Also, if you're talking about individual hits, some samples have a silent part before the hit. I really don't know why but some just do. So you should maybe cut the silent part out with a wave editor.

yeah I think this might be the problem. Just open the sample window and right click on the wave form. choose edit and cut the silent part in the editor.

Also, if you're talking about individual hits, some samples have a silent part before the hit. I really don't know why but some just do. So you should maybe cut the silent part out with a wave editor.

too much effort lol, will just use different samples.. n1 though

MuzzaDJ

Your using FL Studio 8 im asuming. Open the sample up in edison which comes with FL you don't need to download anything like audacity and see if you can chop it to fit your needs.

in the FL sampler, there is a trim control.... this will remove silence from the beggining and end of the sample

failing that.... trim it in a wave editor

in the FL sampler, there is a trim control.... this will remove silence from the beggining and end of the sample

failing that.... trim it in a wave editor

The only piece of helpful advice in this thread :P i was gonna say it but you got there first!!

Back
Top Bottom