Fruity Question.

B

BDS

So I reformatted the laptop the other day and have reinstalled FL.8 and all my plugins etc.....

Only problem is when I load a project fruity isnt picking any of the samples up, even though the folder is on the desktop where it always was.

To cut a it short, Is there any way to get fruity to search for the samples so it can pick them up again or do I have to reload every sample manually?

:rinsed:

think there is a search samples function anywhere, dont ask me where tho. ill have a look around tomorrow.

and you should have saved it as a zip in the first instance.. would have made things much easier.

if you add the folder that contains the samples to your quick links on the fruity file browser it should search them by itself. It's bloody annoying tho (at least in earlier versions) that if you have many samples of the same name it will choose the first one it comes across.... Guess how many samples i have named 1.wav.....

if you add the folder that contains the samples to your quick links on the fruity file browser it should search them by itself. It's bloody annoying tho (at least in earlier versions) that if you have many samples of the same name it will choose the first one it comes across.... Guess how many samples i have named 1.wav.....

:word:

its one of FL's gayest flaws......

1.wav, 2.wav, 3.wav, snare1.wav, snare01.wav, kick1.wav....... the list goes on and on and on....... worst thing of all, is that it doesnt warn you that it couldnt find it where it should be and has replaced it...... and sometimes you may not realise until you have saved the track which makes it unreversible

another thing i hate is when you load a song but you've moved the folder... after you click open you remember that youve moved it but you cant cancel fl searching for it.... so you gotta sit there and wait for AGES for it to search or ctrl+alt+del and terminate the program...... v9 finally has a cancel button thank god

what i do is for each project (which has evolved to more than just a couple of beats/ideas thrown together) is save a folder.... i can then save all the flps in that one place (as 9 times out of 10 i "save as new version")..... then "export data files" (or samples in english) to that folder

it keeps things organised and stops samples going missing.... its also a great place to save samples that have been edited specifically for that project and other bit and pieces relating to the track

the zip thing is cool, but i find that if your saving new versions all the time they start to take up lots of room, they also take longer to save

Back
Top Bottom