Fruity loops

BLoodstaiN`

I'm trying to produce some Drum 'n bass, I'd like to produce a sound similar to Fury from Fourward (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZtCauGZzo).

The program i'm using is Fruity loops,
biggest problems for me atm a bassline, liek a wobble of just a simple bassline, It's way too hard. My speakers are almost blown up by it.

But in general i don't have that much experience with fruityloops.
Any tips & tricks or useful addons in the program?

Thanks in advance

biggest problems for me atm a bassline, liek a wobble of just a simple bassline, It's way too hard. My speakers are almost blown up by it.

Im not entirely sure what you mean by this...

but if its too loud the just link the synth to a channel in the mixer and control the volume through that... maybe add a compressor if its overly dynamic?

what synth are you using?

youtube mostly sucks, and been looking into a lot of FL tutorials, but outdated versions or just pure crap tutorials, can't seem to find a decent guide

fair enough mate... but i have found countless helpfull vids on youtube re production, that siad most are on effects and drums as opposed to bass/synth work and for ableton, not FL.

I think you need yo be more specific on what you are searching, ie 'fruity loops 8 reese bass' rather than 'frutiy dnb bass' for example... and from then on, when you find one good vid, chances are the same uploader will have more!

I found to make a good wobble bass use the sytrus. Bare with me and I'll try and write a guide on getting the wobble bass like I use.

Ok, open up Sytrus and click the drop down box in the top left of the window, go to presets and select default. This gives you a blank canvas to work from. Next, click OP1 which can be found along the top of the Sytrus, this is your 1st oscillator, now along the top you should see two digital display's, one of them reads 2:0000, you want to drag this downwards until it reaches 0:5000. Now click on OP2, which will be the second oscillator, again drag the dial on this osc down to 0:5000. Now, over to the left of the digital displays is a waveform, and next to that, some sliders. Move the farthest left slider up a small amount to turn the waveform from a sine wave (smooth curve) to a trinagle wave (same wave with sharper edges). Now, between those sliders and the digital dials are three small check boxes, check the "declick" on both OP1 & OP2.

Right, now if you look at the large box to the right which is full of dials, only one of them is highlighted (row 1, column "out") turn that dial to the centre so it goes blank. Then you want to look further down to a row named F1 (this is initially your filter that you will use to create the "wobble"), now turn the 1st and 2nd dial all the way to the right, this is telling the synth you want to run the 1st and 2nd oscillators through the filter channel. You also want to go across to the right on the same row and turn the dial under the "out" column all the way to the right, this is your output from the filter.

So, to recap, you now have your two waves set, the 1st oscillator running a sine wave, the 2nd running a custom triangle wave, both through the filter channel.

Now onto the fun part, the wobble! Along the top, where you found the OP1 and OP2, you will see a tab called "FILT1" click this and it will open your filter screen. Make sure the words CUT, and LFO are highlighted (they should be, but if not just click them to highlight them). Now, you should see a red bar in the wave window, with a few nubs on it. From left to right, you want to right click on the second nub and delete it, the same with the 4th nub, so you only have the 1st one at the start and one in the middle. Drag the middle one to the left so it sits above the 1st in a vertical line. Below that window you should see a 4 dials and a couple of check boxes, check the one named "tempo", this will link your wobble to the tempo of your track, you can also turn the "speed" dial to change the speed of your wobble. Finally, near the top left you should see another small digital display that says "SVF", drag that upwards until it reaches LP2. Now go into your piano roll and lay down a long note on a key that lasts for about 4 bars and play it. You can hear a nice wobble bass if you have done this correctly. Play around with the speed dial and other aspects to see what happens and find your best sound.

Sorry this has been so long winded but hopefully it helps.

Last edited:
I found to make a good wobble bass use the sytrus. Bare with me and I'll try and write a guide on getting the wobble bass like I use.

Ok, open up Sytrus and click the drop down box in the top left of the window, go to presets and select default. This gives you a blank canvas to work from. Next, click OP1 which can be found along the top of the Sytrus, this is your 1st oscillator, now along the top you should see two digital display's, one of them reads 2:0000, you want to drag this downwards until it reaches 0:5000. Now click on OP2, which will be the second oscillator, again drag the dial on this osc down to 0:5000. Now, over to the left of the digital displays is a waveform, and next to that, some sliders. Move the farthest left slider up a small amount to turn the waveform from a sine wave (smooth curve) to a trinagle wave (same wave with sharper edges). Now, between those sliders and the digital dials are three small check boxes, check the "declick" on both OP1 & OP2.

Right, now if you look at the large box to the right which is full of dials, only one of them is highlighted (row 1, column "out") turn that dial to the centre so it goes blank. Then you want to look further down to a row named F1 (this is initially your filter that you will use to create the "wobble"), now turn the 1st and 2nd dial all the way to the right, this is telling the synth you want to run the 1st and 2nd oscillators through the filter channel. You also want to go across to the right on the same row and turn the dial under the "out" column all the way to the right, this is your output from the filter.

So, to recap, you now have your two waves set, the 1st oscillator running a sine wave, the 2nd running a custom triangle wave, both through the filter channel.

Now onto the fun part, the wobble! Along the top, where you found the OP1 and OP2, you will see a tab called "FILT1" click this and it will open your filter screen. Make sure the words CUT, and LFO are highlighted (they should be, but if not just click them to highlight them). Now, you should see a red bar in the wave window, with a few nubs on it. From left to right, you want to right click on the second nub and delete it, the same with the 4th nub, so you only have the 1st one at the start and one in the middle. Drag the middle one to the left so it sits above the 1st in a vertical line. Below that window you should see a 4 dials and a couple of check boxes, check the one named "tempo", this will link your wobble to the tempo of your track, you can also turn the "speed" dial to change the speed of your wobble. Finally, near the top left you should see another small digital display that says "SVF", drag that upwards until it reaches LP2. Now go into your piano roll and lay down a long note on a key that lasts for about 4 bars and play it. You can hear a nice wobble bass if you have done this correctly. Play around with the speed dial and other aspects to see what happens and find your best sound.

Sorry this has been so long winded but hopefully it helps.

This has been very very helpful, Thankyou so much man :D

Back
Top Bottom