Fruity Loops 9

Hitchkins

Raise The Roof
Alrite Guys
I've just started out on FL 9 im starting to grasp the basics of creating beats and other parts of production. However there are many things i am still unclear on one being, how / where do i import drum loops & other instruments from because im hoping to start producing liquid however i cant really find much to fit it drum loop wise. any help will be much appreciated cheers Andy :)

There are various sample packs you can download, just search around this site, there are hundreds of links around. Alternatively create your own drums and percussion in the step sequencer of fl.

You have to be creative, don't just throw a bunch of pre made riffs together and call it your track, that you made. You have to write shit yourself. Even with drum breaks, chop them up and make them your own, layer your own kicks and snares over them..... Possibilities are endless.

im finding the transitions between patterns is really choppy, There is obviously a way but could any explain how to smooth out the transitions so the track flows better ? :)

im finding the transitions between patterns is really choppy, There is obviously a way but could any explain how to smooth out the transitions so the track flows better ? :)

I'm unsure what you mean by this....could you explain a little clearer so I may be able to help you?

Cheers for the link, I mean like i've created a drum loops, and piano loops but the beats do not fit together timing wise, so consequently i have a pauses between the loops of the drum and piano beats. :)

Safe Guys, Could anyone explain how to get up this drum options up in fruity loops, i can get the piano roll but i have not a clue how to get up the drum option. I'm trying to follow this tutorial however i cant because of this confusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuIPMa4ebvk&feature=related

15 seconds into the video. :)
This is what you do:

Step 1: Get yourself a drum loop (any site , try sampleswap)
step 2: Put it in Fl studio (you can drag it into the browser)
step 3: Go to channels -> add -> Fruity slicer
Step 4: Go to the pattern editor you'll see a pattern named "fruity slicer"
step 5: click it and drag your drum loop into it, it will now be cut up in different beats.
(step 5.5: Open the piano roll)
step 6: Be creative, put them in an other order untill you like it.

Hope it helps you!

Cheers for the link, I mean like i've created a drum loops, and piano loops but the beats do not fit together timing wise, so consequently i have a pauses between the loops of the drum and piano beats. :)

Make sure your quantise is set to "line" To do this, look at the options at the top left of the piano roll. The one farthest to the right looks like a square, click that, that should drop down a list, make sure it is set to line and you should be fine after that.

Try looking on YouTube for some tutorials on how to use the sytrus. It's a really underestimated piece of kit! Technical to use but once you understand it it's uses are endless!

Back
Top Bottom