From Reason to Fruity with love =]

CH3SH

CH3SH - Naphalm Audio
Just wanted to say,
Im a total hardened Reason 4 lover,
Until last night when my mate gave me a crash course in Fruity Loops....
Needless to say i aint ever goin back lol =]

What are other peoples views on these programs???
Or can you suggest one better than fruity loops!?

Many people see both as "toys". That's all psychological I assure you. The End Justfies The Means as they say. I've used fruity for years and it can do things other programs cant. On the other hand, it also has some limitations and weird design issues but if you don't let that bother you it's an ace package for the money. It's strengths lie in the very fast workflow. You got a built-in sampler, filters and all, you got very easy modulation options, you got the cpu-light built-in effects...

I've been using REAPER alongside FL lately and couldn't be happier about the results. Combining the best of both worlds so to speak.

always have and always will use fruity.

other daws make it look over complicated. reason esp.

I never found reason complicated not even with a shit loada wires hanging outta a combinator =] I mainly found that reason has a very low frequency hum, which can be heard over good speakers, the samples have a deteriorated effect when it comes to frequencies and you can use vst's! Even when you bounce something from reason, you still get that hum =[

Reaper is a cubase/logic/protools contender that only costs 60€. It doesn't have as much extra in terms of software instruments and effects than its competition, but the price really makes up for it. Besides I dont want to be learning another bunch of new software on top of the sequencer itself, and know my already owned VST's like the back of my hand.

I'm using it mainly because of Fruity's limitations to work with bare audio, and because fruity's way of using midi control gave me some headache. I'm probably moving completely to Reaper at some poing, but for now fruity is still my way of quickly sketching down ideas - I can then export a beat easily to Reaper.

easy mate... i learnt to 'produce' on fruity, but it aint greate as an overall sequencer... don't get me wrong, you can make wicked sounds with it (i still do) but for me ableton live is the way forward!

for beats, ableton is king... plus adding vst's is simple (nick fruity's VSTs!)... once you have ableton, you could make a melody/bass/fx whatver in fruity and then record it directly into ableton!

i only use reason and as im learning i am finding it alot easier to use and more enjoyable but i find the tools for putting samples in is terrible? maybe thats just me.
iv messed about with fruity for house tracks and stuff and its very user friendly but i gota say im a reason man myself!

tomatoe tomato.
a DAW is just a tool.
A means to an end.

just find one that you get on with (thats what demos are for!) , or move on to the next thing if you dont find one you like.

bottom line is to use whatever tools are nessesary to make your music! :)

I listen with my ear and if I like that sound I will load it in and make it better and then bump it out into reason and automate it
.I use everything

I'm a big fan of Reason...tried FL a bit, but wasn't won over by it, although I was already usin' Reason when I gave FL a shot, so could be why.
Also it seems it depends on what kind of tracks you make, as it seems alot of jump up producers i know use FL...although I saw DJ SC on here say he uses Reason, so i guess that kills that point, ha. It's just I'm told you can tell a sound difference dependin' on what the person makes the track with in some ways, etc...but it's all how you use 'em really.

Amuses me when people go on and on comparing DAWs. I know people who can recreate ANY sound you can make using FL, they're simply that good at what they do. Likewise I know people using cubase and such that are just gods at what they do.

Personally I use FL. It makes sense to me and I can do just about anything I want with it. I agree that people piss a little bit too much on FL because of the name and the fact that it is intuitive, which attracts a lot of amateurs (like me).

Use what works for you, a lot of big producers use FL. Deadmau5, Skream, Basshunter ( ;D). There was huge dnb prod as well that uses it, forgot the name though.

Peace.

I never found reason complicated not even with a shit loada wires hanging outta a combinator =] I mainly found that reason has a very low frequency hum, which can be heard over good speakers, the samples have a deteriorated effect when it comes to frequencies and you can use vst's! Even when you bounce something from reason, you still get that hum =[

Dont talk stupid, there no low end hum in reason at all.

if there was NO one would be able to use it to make beats as it would fuck up freq and the final mix, plus leavign a massive hum on a final track lol

its obviously ur set up and not reason

It gets to me when people mention the fact you cannot use VST's in reason. Reason has been designed so that its can be a stand alone instument rack, with basic sequencing so you can put a track together within the program, or if you want to use it alongside other instruments and/or audio, you can rewire it to a DAW.

Back
Top Bottom