from de shops this weekend / Blackmarket

Sassy

Went to London with me bloke this weekend, spent waaaaaaay too much money, but came home with this little lot, im well chuffed ;)

Krust - Going Nowhere / Soul in Motion - Full Cycle - £3.99
Die - Drop Bear / Poison Ivy - Full Cycle - £3.99
Roni Size - Snapshot / 26 Bass - Full Cycle - £3.99
T.M.S 1 - My Time is Now / Funky Show - BattleMaster - £4.99
Supply and Demand - ? - Chronic 14 promo - 2x12" - £3.20!!
Penguin - 5,4,3,2,1 / Let the Bass Kick - Joker - £3.99
Dreem Team/Swoosh - 16 Track Ting / Only You (remix) - Joker - £5.99
EZ Rollers - Walk This Land remixes - Moving Shadow - £4
3 The Hardway/Crazy Loops - Lost our Minds / Smooth Operator - Dope Dragon 5 - £4.50
Distored Minds - Snuff Baby / ? - Formation - £3.50
Tungsten and Morph - Paranormal - Formation promo - £3.99
Krust - Snapped it / The Last Break - Full Cycle - £4.99
Mask - Alright / Reese - Dope Dragon 2 - £4.99
some unknown 5HQ record (HBI66, but scratched out) - 50p!
Patife / Marky- The Brazillian Job - Movement - £4.99
Mode-M - Manipulate / Kick start - Phat Trax promo - £2
Tribe of Issachar - Tribal Natty - Congo Natty promo - £8
Swoosh & The Joker - Bust a Bus remix / Thats Played Out - Joker - £2.99
Apollo 13 - Let it Roll / Do it Again - Back 2 Basics - £2
Kosheen - I'll hide U - Moksha - £3.99
Kemet Crew - The Seed / Box Re-Opens - Parousia (original press) - £6.99
Supply and Demand - 2x12" - Chronic 17 promo - £7.99
Mask - You Rang / Better World - Dope Dragon 16 - £3.50
Gang Related and Mask - Tear it Up / One Time - Dope Dragon 11 - £5
Gang Related and Mask - Suckers / Biters - Dope Dragon 10 - £5
Bigger Star/Mask - Raid / One People - Dope Dragon 8 - £5

and breathe...

a good days shoppin dont cha think?

But, I must admit, I was HUGELY disapointed with Blackmarket, it was my first time there, and had heard nothing but good things about it from Martyn (the better half)
We get in there, and its wall to wall Garage, theres fuckin loads of it, get downstairs to the D&B section, and theres barely anything, I only ended up buying 1 tune in there, when I was expecting to have a field day
Martyn told me that for the first time in the 8 years hes been going, he didnt feel the Blackmarket vibe in there, which IMO, is a fuckin shame, its renowned for being the D&B Central of the world, when infact, they had more hard house and Garage than you can shake a stick at, twas a huge dissapointment :(

We went up to Blackmarket a few months back.

One word = GASH!

I was expecting promos and huuuuuuge amounts of records. But they actually had about 30 odd DNB vinyls, which was far to poor for my liking.

Nice shop layout tho (downstairs), with the turntables and tingz.

Anyways, that's my 5 euros worth.

Sassy said:
yeah, the layout was nice, didnt like them steep stairs to the D&B room tho! lol

<wimpy Sassy>

Hahha, I'm sure plenty of people have fallen down those bad bwoys!

I took your other halfs advice (on Kikit) and ordered some choons from Docky.com :D I'm waiting for them to arrive!

Ha got some of the old Jokers!!!!!!
54321 was a fucking killer back in the day!
(the other side of distorted minds was "loaded jump" btw)

Blackmarket was wierd when I went there, Nicky was giving a good bit of cockney banter and they seemed to have all the new tings in. Not much old stuff tho.
Been moved to scotland and I really miss music first in brum, going in there and having JB walk in and knock everything over, and devize's mad stare.
Great days

Serum said:
Ha got some of the old Jokers!!!!!!
54321 was a fucking killer back in the day!
(the other side of distorted minds was "loaded jump" btw)

I'm collecting Joker, got 11 i think, got me mitts on Joker 1, but I was feeling generous and gave it to me bloke for Crimbo, kinda regret it now tho ;)

I personally think Blackmarket has gone right down hill and is a bit more of a 'tourist attraction' now. I know for a fact it's a good shop if you have been shopping there for years becasue then you get 'under the counter' to the promos but for regular people it ain't saying all that.

I was so gutted when Section 5 shut :( it was a far superior shop!

I usually go to Vinyl Conflict for all my tunes now (also Selectadisc near BLMKT can be quite good some times)

2Bad said:
I personally think Blackmarket has gone right down hill and is a bit more of a 'tourist attraction' now.

That's why we went really :D

Oh yeah - don't get me wrong, it's good to go see Nicky, Ray and all the boys but all I'm saying is you can get nearly everything they have on offer in most the other shops in London now unless you can get ya mits on the promos!!

In all the times I've been there I think Ray has got them out a couple of times (and before all the the perves comment I'm talking about the promos - not his testicles!).

Back
Top Bottom