frictions sets at slammin and 1nation nye

grayvydnb

are these the same sets or very similar?
do most djs play the same sets at different gigs on the same night? i know the likes of andy c pre plan and play them before a gig. but would that set get used 2-3 times a night? or would it vary?

No dj's fully plan sets, and if they do it's taking all the elements of fun out of mixing. Andy C doesn't plan his sets, he has a load of current mixes he knows work well and basically just puts them together like a jigsaw puzzle.

friction said in an interview i saw once that he plays out mixes at the weekend that hes discovered during the week. most big djs have their killer mixes that they'l drop constantly for a period of time and then play their set incorporating these mixes. it would very much surprise me if many of the big DJs ever played the same set twice cos part of DJing is responding to the crowd if you know what i mean.

No dj's fully plan sets, and if they do it's taking all the elements of fun out of mixing. Andy C doesn't plan his sets, he has a load of current mixes he knows work well and basically just puts them together like a jigsaw puzzle.

puzzle3.jpg

It'll never be exactly the same, but they have certain mixes theyve found for brand new tunes that they rinse for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom