friction

IANBEAL

MACHETE BASSSSSSSSSS
im going to see my idol for the firts time ever in cardiff, at a bedlam night yeah its quite big for cardiff like subfocus, marky, eksman etc etc, but im only intrested in friction, just wondering is he going play one of his jumpup sets he plays at small time events:( or one of his badman variety sets?
if you understamd me?

When he played at my uni (Leeds) i was well impressed. Slammed it for 90 minuites, playing some wickid old school and varying it nicely. However in the last half hour he had a change of mind and played some brass mixes like Junglist/Aztek and some bait jumpup that we have all heard him do 1 million times before. Anyhoo he was definitely better than marky, who as ever was wickid. I rekon your in for the same ride

Been to the last 2 and wasnt impressed. Loads of jump up & bare welsh inbred scum bags. Second room can be ok for guests but residents were pretty wank. Saw break last time which was the highlight.

He will! He even went wobble at hospitality @ custard factory... and even dropped some at the last Shogun @ Lightbox!!!!!!

NOT IMPRESSED FRICTION :( :lol:

some people are never pleased.
friction does exactly what every good dj should do - play some of what the crowd wants & some of what he likes. quit whining. he's a sick dj & plays sick tunes.
end of.

i love friction..and at westfest after andy c smashed the main stage up i cudnt wait for him..but tbh for the first time i wasnt impressed at all.he just didnt seem to go anywhere as andy c had the place bomping.(shrugs)

If you wanna see Friction put a show on, get yourself down to Shogun at the Light Box

Can't be beaten ...

If you wanna see Friction put a show on, get yourself down to Shogun at the Light Box

Can't be beaten ...

Yes but the club is bollocks. Shogun was a much much better night when held at the End (r.i.p).

I don't agree with Boudi at all though, he may be a great dj, but his selection isn't the best I don't think.

I reckon Marky will be better on the night, he always plays fresh fresh dubs.

Yes but the club is bollocks. Shogun was a much much better night when held at the End (r.i.p).

I don't agree with Boudi at all though, he may be a great dj, but his selection isn't the best I don't think.

Yeh it was better but theres no bringing the end back now. I think the lighbox is a wicked club, as long as the shogun crew are there its always good. Always have the best nights wherever they are held!

Yeh selection can be poor at times, but tbf he is playing for the crowd which is why him and andy rake it in so hard.

Marky will probs be a better set as he always plays the funky dnb. He's done alot of work with S.P.Y aswell which will tear the place down.

lightbox is a nice little club and i think it suits the shogun vibe brilliantly.

his selection at shogun nights is superior to any of place he plays, and rightly so.

he is a decent dj though as he'll cater for a certain crowd at a certain night, and has a lot of variety selection and style wise. he's not afraid to let a tune drop on it's own merit, or wrok in some 3 deck magic.

all round he's a solid dj, and whereas i wouldn't wana see him at one nation - i'd appreciate the technicalities of what he's doing.

ya dig.

Je comprends....

My beef with the Lightbox is the heat! It makes Heaven feel like the Artic!

Location wise though it is brilliant for us south london heads.

Frictions a great dj, no doubt, and Shogun is one of the best labels for output in the game, my only beef is that they need to up their game in terms of a website, some podcast and all that jazz.

saw him for first time on we with break

he was good, not as good as everyone else hyped him up to be though.

dont get me wrong his mixing was tight, but it just didnt seem like he was giving it everything he had.

still had an insane night though

Back
Top Bottom