Friction - Someone (ft. McLean) / Flip The Page (SHA046)

Not really feeling Someone, standard UKF type tune really. Flip the Page is pretty good, not sure if I will bag it though. Heard something about a Rockwell remix of Someone as a digital exclusive, I'm interested in hearing what Rockwell can do with that, as he rarely disappoints.

allow classing something 'UKF' tune even this!

here is audio for the prototypes / rockwell remixes - http://www.hqmuzik.co.uk/

the prototypes remix makes the original sound amazing but then I don't like anything by the prototypes, if this is the future sound of Shogun then I'm not really going to be interested in their output. I like dancefloor dnb but this just sounds shit.

Rockwell remix is just chilled and sounds nice but still don't really know what to make of it.

Edit:

Read the interview and it seems like he will be releasing the dancefloor stuff alongside the dark techy stuff

Last edited:
The only Shogun release I've swerved over the last year was Frcition and Camo & Krooked - Stand Up

Will be doing the same with this. I think Friction is a wicked DJ but his production skills and output, considering what normally gets dropped on his label, are a little bit of a let down at times
agreed

Seems pretty weird to me that people wont buy a tune because of what the rest of label is producing.

Like the equvilant of saying they wont be buying the newest Noisia release on Ram because it doesnt sound like Sub Focus or Chase and Status :s

Seems pretty weird to me that people wont buy a tune because of what the rest of label is producing.

Like the equvilant of saying they wont be buying the newest Noisia release on Ram because it doesnt sound like Sub Focus or Chase and Status :s

Listen to the quality Shogun has released over the last 2 years or so

Then listen to this

Listen to the quality Shogun has released over the last 2 years or so

Then listen to this

Just seems very very strange that people judge a singular song against the entire back catalogue of the particular label, if this was released on Ram it seems like more people on here might buy it- which is the part that confuses me, its still the same song regardless of which label its on.

Im not saying its as good as some of the other stuff shogun have released, but im not buying the label, im buying the song.

Might just be me though lol.

I buy tunes for the tune not because of what label it's on and you're point about RAM is irrelvent loads of people on here say that RAM release weak tunes from time to time and say they're not going to bag it.

This is absolutely fucking shit. It's actually kind of insulting to the other producers on the label really. Their intelligent musical output is the reason the label is where it is, and without selling out either. Then Friction comes out with this shocking pile of generic crap.
I've got a lot of respect for Friction, he's a fine DJ and (up until now) ran a fantastic label that's gotten where it is without compromising its sound. I guess now he wants in on some mainstream cash. Integrity or money, that's the choice it always comes down to with creative work. And I would be very sad if Shogun changed one for the other.

You're going over the top right now really. All I can see there are few babies crying because somebody touched their toy. Well news for some of you, gentlemen, it's not your toy. It's Friction's and he's allowed to do whatever he wants with it. Deal with it. Either you accept this or you can stop buying his music, it's easy really. But please, stop whining about it.

You're going over the top right now really. All I can see there are few babies crying because somebody touched their toy. Well news for some of you, gentlemen, it's not your toy. It's Friction's and he's allowed to do whatever he wants with it. Deal with it. Either you accept this or you can stop buying his music, it's easy really. But please, stop whining about it.

Yawn.

Some quotes from his interview:

Before we were more of a niche label just putting tunes I thought were cool – kind of deep techy rollers I liked. I wasn’t putting out music for any reason except that I liked it.

And then he proceeds to say this

Now we’re aiming to increase the fan base and take things further which has involved me writing more tunes and signing The Prototypes

Now if that doesn't say we're only releasing this other shit to make some $$$ than I don't know what does and fair play to the man, if you run a label the ultimate goal is to make money otherwise whats the point?

^^^^ to put out quality music?

if he makes cash with this and this results into more shogun releases and not decreasing the number of good ones, ill be in for a treat.

think someone really lacks something. the vocals good, drums are ok and the bass is a bit rinsed, but nothing REALLY stands out. bit of a meh-tune the more i hear it.

Back
Top Bottom