Friction - Someone (ft. McLean) / Flip The Page (SHA046)

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
Last edited by a moderator:
The only Shogun release I've swerved over the last year was Frcition and Camo & Krooked - Stand Up

Will be doing the same with this. I think Friction is a wicked DJ but his production skills and output, considering what normally gets dropped on his label, are a little bit of a let down at times

not particularly keen on either.

Think it might do friction the world of good to jump in the studio with the shogun boys either Perez or Icicle and make a little collab.

It may not only bring friction's production levels up, but still keep the shogun kind of vibe for the release, which makes me buy the majority of Shogun releases.

agree with ya wayne, stand up was ahem...not great to say the least

Well there's no point arguing about this, clearly you've got the point, but I still like this release. It doesn't really fit into the standard of Shogun releases, but I still consider those two as good dancefloor tunes, well produced.

Don't mind the second track but both are a bit wank and don't at all reflect what's coming from his labels either in terms of production quality or style.

frictions not deaf, he knows exactly what hes doing, i wont be bagging but i guarantee a fuckload of other people will

Digging Turn the Page. Nice little roller that would go well in a set.

mclean's definitely got talent, loved the c&k remix of finally in love, class vocals. but yeah the production is just too empty, not a fan

Not really feeling Someone, standard UKF type tune really. Flip the Page is pretty good, not sure if I will bag it though. Heard something about a Rockwell remix of Someone as a digital exclusive, I'm interested in hearing what Rockwell can do with that, as he rarely disappoints.

Bagged this a couple days ago, someone is bit cheesy but flip the page is pretty decent- reminds me of subfocus remix of 'squelch'

undecided.

second one is pretty average i suppose altho the lead is kinda good.

and the first one is just your plain standard wobble-liquid plus really good vocals.

will be seen if i like those when i got the vinyl in my hand. lovin the cdj diss aswell :D

I do not like this record. Expect alot more stuff like this from Shogun in the future as they broaden the range of styles they put out to reach a wider audience.

Back
Top Bottom