Friction on CDJs

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Never thought I'd say this but I've played a couple of sets lately on 4 CDJ's. Wish it was simple enough to just play vinyl all the time but 80% of sound tech's don't seem to be able to set up decks properly anymore. I'm still gonna play vinyl at certain shows where i know there'll be no dramas (like Shogun London etc) but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Taken off Facebook.. Haters guna hate.

no one should have to worry about whether their mixing ability will be affected by the equipment, regardless of what format they play on.

as long as vinyl is still in use turntables should be given as much care and attention as possible, so that djs don't have to compromise on their style

It's a big shame that decks aren't set up properly any longer, who can blame a dj when this happens? They're used as CD case rests more often than not!

Seen crappy half-hearted attempts at turntables being set up loads of time.

i dont understand tho, cause everyone knows andy is vinyl and dubplates, and if they are serious they would need to get him down for a night, so at least one night they all fully know that the technics need to be up to speed so they just need to maintain that standard.....which in principle sounds easy

erm this is pretty weird cus on friday he was playing a few vinyl bits but mostly cd, and in my drunken state i shouted something like 'Y U NO PLAY PURE VINYL?' and he gave me the stink-eye.

truely brool, i know.

lololol. happened to me when i asked one of delta heavy lads to play echoes and he looked at me like WHO DO YOU THINK I AM

erm this is pretty weird cus on friday he was playing a few vinyl bits but mostly cd, and in my drunken state i shouted something like 'Y U NO PLAY PURE VINYL?' and he gave me the stink-eye.

truely brool, i know.

in the global vid hes using just 4 CDJs, not a technic in sight

That's very bad news because I think it's djs like andy and friction which inspire people to go with vinyl instead of cds when they get into mixing. Would think if a night booked friction, they'd get the turntables set up right.....

That's very bad news because I think it's djs like andy and friction which inspire people to go with vinyl instead of cds when they get into mixing. Would think if a night booked friction, they'd get the turntables set up right.....

you would hope so, but a lot of people will be running nights only to make a profit, and not because they give a fuck about the music, so they don't give a shit they aren't playing vinyl. sad but true.

i was flicking through global fliks earlier and why has friction used CDJS yet you can see Andy C using Technic 1210's as you can see the tone arm... I know they were on in different tents... but still

i was flicking through global fliks earlier and why has friction used CDJS yet you can see Andy C using Technic 1210's as you can see the tone arm... I know they were on in different tents... but still

I'd say a set of Technics MK5's would be on Andy's rider.

Back
Top Bottom