Friction no longer hosting BBC1 Radio Show

Which he was getting payed for - lots of prs money on top for his own tracks, own label & peers. Not saying he didn't prepare for the show, not at all. compared to a lot of others he did, at least sometimes, play a variety of tracks but it's really not 'that much' commitment is it? Especially when you think that 1 1/2 hours solid are taken away by guest mixes.
for 6 years straight (barring the odd fill-in by Rockwell, etc)? I think doing anything every week for 6 years is a pretty decent commitment myself...but I spose he doesn't have to work full-time like the rest of us haha

Big news!

I have listened most weeks - I normally don't pay much attention to what Friction plays (too much fluff for me), but the guest mixes and DNB60 section is where I hear a lot of the forthcoming stuff that piques my interest. I hope those stay the same, and Rene plays some tougher stuff in the main sections and all will be well!

Biggups Friction for all his years doing that show though - it would be tough every week at that time I bet

Looking at the tl for the first one, its now 2 hours of fluff and no guest mixes. No point listening now

Looking at the tl for the first one, its now 2 hours of fluff and no guest mixes. No point listening now

Jeez that is a bit of Hospital bash for sure, hope he just finding his feet or that's guna be a really boring show for everyone...

Oh yeah its the big night tonight, what times it start? and wait he's done a tl?

So I was thinking how they could improve the show and wouldn't it be great if they went live at a gig once in awhile. Like for example Rene having a set somewhere with mc's and just stream it through the show. The only problem I see with that is filling a 2 hour slot but maybe he streams the set after too and then there's the mc's swearing on sets but im sure it could be done.

I mean that's why Kool FM is so dame good

Back
Top Bottom