Friction - Long Gone Memory (Shogun Audio)

rythmatix

VIP Junglist
there isn't a thread for this tune/release, and I think there should be. Obviously Friction has been thrashing this on his show every week, but I reckon it deserves a bit of love. Big tune, even as cheesy as it is, with a really big Ulterior Motive remix. What you guys think?

not sure if there's a vinyl release or not, but out on 17th Nov

Original is shite and tbh the ulterior motive remix doesnt cut it either which is weird because they've been releasing bangers recently. Amazing that they pull out that remix of Mercedes and then do such an average job on this

Didn't knew you were the type of big drop anthem cheese fest? UM Remix is decent, but overall definitely nothing I'd post or give props.

Original is shite and tbh the ulterior motive remix doesnt cut it either which is weird because they've been releasing bangers recently. Amazing that they pull out that remix of Mercedes and then do such an average job on this

UM remix is good, much better than that Mercedes thing if that's the halftime / trappy sort of one I'm thinking of?

Didn't knew you were the type of big drop anthem cheese fest? UM Remix is decent, but overall definitely nothing I'd post or give props.

you mean me? the original is something I wouldn't play in my sets - but kinda like Afterglow, I really like it and find it catchy. Have heard it a hundred times on Frictions show and not sick of it yet...would definitely play the UM remix though myself.

Thought it was an interesting one to get some opinions on here, as it is a very commercial tune...to each his own!

you mean me? the original is something I wouldn't play in my sets - but kinda like Afterglow, I really like it and find it catchy.

You can't compare them, apart from having vocals. Afterglow has much more depth. First of it's Not aggressiv, no dancefloor big anthem type of track. Afterglow is a good vocal liquid track on the edge of cheesyness (vocals). This one screams cheese all over the place. Trancey - RAM esque dancefloor synths. Big anthem drop followed by a Mind Vortex like bassline or the likes :rolleyes: IMO of course ;)

Back
Top Bottom