Fresh tune but is it missing something?

Clean isnt my usual style its more of a progressive song choice for me, fine isn't great so ill work harder next time, And i haven't used any compression lol but i sense where you coming from, the drums are quite crisp . I guess its ok, not as good as my usual but better technically i think.. Thanks for the feed back.

I really like how the piano has been assembled; adds nice drama. I second Henry on the pumpitude.

You drop sounds quieter than the build-up with to me would suggest that your over compressing it or slamming a limiter maybe go easy on that part to keep the dynamics, alternatively you could use volume automation on the master to turn down the build

Low:r

Im loving the composition but not the mix. The track from a composition is completely okay because once you get a good mix going the track will sound a whole lot better. The main problem here is that the sub is literally eating everything up to the 200hz and thats what it killing your drums because the high frequencies are cutting through the mix. you just need to adjust your sub volume and if you need to sidechain you kick to the bass and you'll be on the right track to helping this track out a lot. Good stuff!!!

Clean isnt my usual style its more of a progressive song choice for me, fine isn't great so ill work harder next time, And i haven't used any compression lol but i sense where you coming from, the drums are quite crisp . I guess its ok, not as good as my usual but better technically i think.. Thanks for the feed back.

Not too sure the issue with the mix is down to a style thing; like Freddie suggested it sounds like your sub/lows are eating away most of the space the weighty end of your drums and even piano should be poking through, do you use a visual analyser at all? Try scooping a bit of space out of the bass in the 200Hz range and then dial your sub right back until it's not peaking any higher than any other points, then re-EQ the low end of your drums/piano (you'll probably find you'll need some more EQing on your bass too at this point; once the sub comes down certain unwanted frequencies may become more apparent that may have previously been squashed away by the sub) and push your sub back in, see if it helps. I find myself pushing my sub more and more the longer I work on a project and it's good to reset every now and then and refresh your frame of reference slightly.

Absolutely baffled by the thread name looks like a Mod has butchered it.

Anyway this tune is good but it sounds over compressed in the mixdown, the elements are eating into one another and unfortunately the synth is unable to breath around the drums. The structure and the music sound great though just a mix problem

I think all you guys may be right needs some work and all of you have some good technical points to make even though i dont understand all the jargon. D low as you guessed it is suppose to say fresh tune, the mods seem to have a vendetta against me or think they're funny. I'm in no shape or form racist, i would like it put back, it reflects badly on who i represent. Anyway I really appreciate all of the feedback, just wish i had the more technical knowledge too do what you guys are saying. I think i might need a coach for mastering.

Dear moderators their is a hidden symbol in this tune, this hidden symbol isnt one i would mock for your own saftey. If you make me look like a cunt, you also make my music look like a cunt. You have 3 days to remove the foul language. so drop the beef, butchering a self taught humble guy makes you guys look extremely weak. what are you, jealous of a basic tune? Hidden symbol. You do the math. much love

Back
Top Bottom