Fresh - Talkbox

DJ Hannibal

just found out that Talkbox is gona b released on Ram, not sure if this is old news or not but thought i better spread the word anyway

Last edited:
just found out that Talkbox is gona b released on Ram, not sure if this is old news or not, maybe this means Talkbox might be on an album sampler???

Album sampler on RAM? So Fresh is releasing his album on RAM and not his own label then?

That doesn't make sense.

no idea mate but Talkbox is def comin out on Ram......

Don't know who your sources are for this but, I'd say they're wrong. Talkbox is going to be on the Album. It says so on Fresh's own myspace. Now unless the album is going to be on Ram (which I doubt as I'd imagine Fresh makes more money from releasing stuff on his own label), Talkbox cannot possibly be on Ram.

i read it in idj magazine last night. they interviewed sub focus and it says talk box is coming out on ram. i was a bit scepticle myself but just thought i would spread the word.

Would almost make sense ...

If the Fresh album supposedly isn't dropping until next year, and with quite a lot of djs in the scene already with the tune in their bag, Fresh might find that it would get seriously rinsed by the time it sees a release

But if Ram could release it in say Octoberrrrrishhh?

That wouldn't be too bad

Still not convinced though lol

I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with anyone here, but lets not forget "Music Maker" EP came out on Ram.

If the Fresh album supposedly isn't dropping until next year, and with quite a lot of djs in the scene already with the tune in their bag, Fresh might find that it would get seriously rinsed by the time it sees a release

That wouldn't be too bad

I heard the Fresh album was scheduled for October? Who said next year?

just found out that Talkbox is gona b released on Ram, not sure if this is old news or not but thought i better spread the word anyway

This is total rubbish.

Spoke to Fresh 30 seconds ago.

Why would he release it on RAM when he's got an album on the way man. It'll be on his own label BBK

Where did you get this info from?

That wouldn't be too bad

The only a few tunes that are with a few select heads - the rest are locked down.

Album wont be dropping til early 2010.

The only a few tunes that are with a few select heads - the rest are locked down.

Album wont be dropping til early 2010.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Talkbox I think it's one of the best produced tunes in years ...

But I feel like maybe it's been given to a few too many people too early if it's not gonna be released until early 2010

Because technically we're looking at an album release that's 6 months away

So that's 6 months of everyone that's got it playing Talkbox

I almost feel that the way it's been distributed is like a release is not too far away, but it is ...

I'm sure Andy C, Friction, Hype, Shy FX, Heist, D Style Camp, Brookes Bros, Subfocus, Culture Shock ... just to name a few have got the tune and there's no reason why they won't all play it out because it's an awesome tune

I know I'm being a little fussy but I would just prefer the tune to still be pretty "Fresh" (hehe) by the time I get my hands on it, but judging by the evidence I fear that shall not be the case

Never mind, album is still gonna be awesome

A masterclass in production ...

I would say a Talkbox / Off World 12" around October time would be a wise move by Mr Fresh :)

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Talkbox I think it's one of the best produced tunes in years ...

But I feel like maybe it's been given to a few too many people too early if it's not gonna be released until early 2010

Because technically we're looking at an album release that's 6 months away

So that's 6 months of everyone that's got it playing Talkbox

I almost feel that the way it's been distributed is like a release is not too far away, but it is ...

I'm sure Andy C, Friction, Hype, Shy FX, Heist, D Style Camp, Brookes Bros, Subfocus, Culture Shock ... just to name a few have got the tune and there's no reason why they won't all play it out because it's an awesome tune

I know I'm being a little fussy but I would just prefer the tune to still be pretty "Fresh" (hehe) by the time I get my hands on it, but judging by the evidence I fear that shall not be the case

Never mind, album is still gonna be awesome

A masterclass in production ...

That's just the way it is I'm afraid man. Marketing is a huge part of any album being a success. Andy is promoting RAM everytime he plays tunes off his label to influence people to talk about them and go and buy them. By having alot of heads playing Talkbox it builds more desire for people to want it. Bit like promoting for a rave. The early you can start promoting it the more successful it's likely to be.

fairplay man... i wud of thought most people get bored of tunes before they get released coz it takes so long, but i see where ur comin from the sales angle

Back
Top Bottom