Drum & Bass FRESH TALENT - COMMERCIAL DRUM AND BASS

Discussion in 'Production' started by alcaponeuk, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

2. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

yo dawg, no wonder you are struggling to 'get your name out there', not that you will listen to anybody but your stuff really doesn't sound any good! You cant describe yourself as talented to be honest

3. gingerDoe

gingerDoe I've been naughty, I'm banned

al capone,in this forum theres many sad cunts with their dusty krks doing music so shitty you dont know if crying or laughing when listening to that terrible acustic form of fecal matter..... dont listen to them

I listened all your tracks,and I must say I generaly dont like your style and your mixdowns but that tune Mirrors is much better than rest,I love the bassline part in that tune,beat is mostly good,the kick drum is good but I feel theres much room for improvment

so about the mirrors

1. the part with that melody and sub sucks,I just hated it

2. the lead synth and that riser FX is too loud,it should never be as loud like sub bass or midhighs on bassline,put it down atleast 3db,the riser sound you have there is very sexy BTW,maybe hi pass it little bit more

3. you snare is too quiet and lost in the mix,make it less dynamic,give it more loudness and do sidechain on your midhigh bassline/lead synth,little sidechain transparent enough so nobody will notice the sidechain but enough so snare gets trough

4. the ride cymbal you have hitting with snare,now this is purely my opinion but to have that splashy top end we all love on snare,you might get with it by reverb,like the reverb tail and you make it so the tail is only high freqencies so its kinda like white noise

your closed hi hat and I am not sure what more is there,your top end cymbals except ride are little too quiet,maybe hi passed little too much and not bright enough

may I recomend you to listen to this and A/B it with mirrors

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  4. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

gingerdoe your comments and advice are much appreciated bro ill take it all into account! thanks , d-low sorry for offending your ears bro, get back in your box!