FRESH - SOUNDWEAPON - SAT 8TH - ONE NATION

• Thread starter Subsonicdeejay1
  • Start date
S

Subsonicdeejay1

Don't forget that DJ FRESH will be performing a revamped 'SOUNDWEAPON' gig at One Nation on Saturday.
I'll be driving down there with him to help set up and we'll be hanging out there for the night.
For those of you who havn't seen it i recommend to get down ther if you can.....It's fucking awesome!

can u explain to me how its different from just seeing a dj set? im intriguid. cheers...

can u explain to me how its different from just seeing a dj set? im intriguid. cheers...
You have to run a computer, a mixer and a touch screen controller at the same time for starters which believe me is a mission.
Basically, you have to assign different tunes to different cells on the touch controller and perform live. You can do shit like quadruple + drop tunes, drop a new tune every bar if you want while layering effects and samples from other tunes at the same time.....it really is an amazing experience. Much more technical than DJing.....but thats Dan Fresh for you! He loves technology.

fair play sounds mad! how come he spends so little time in the uk? i always here of him dj-ing half way around the world but gone to see him twice now and no show both times! :S

You have to run a computer, a mixer and a touch screen controller at the same time for starters which believe me is a mission.
Basically, you have to assign different tunes to different cells on the touch controller and perform live. You can do shit like quadruple + drop tunes, drop a new tune every bar if you want while layering effects and samples from other tunes at the same time.....it really is an amazing experience. Much more technical than DJing.....but thats Dan Fresh for you! He loves technology.

ah cool....if i was going i would definately be looking forward to fresh using a computer, more than hype and andy c using 3 turntables :piss:

sounds heavy!

yh shame he doesnt do much in the uk! wud like to c more of him!!!
its like he's nt here anymore!

sounds shit to me live acts in raves dont work. i see some live act at nation in brixton academy a while back and everyone just stood there for half hour it was shit

sounds shit to me live acts in raves dont work. i see some live act at nation in brixton academy a while back and everyone just stood there for half hour it was shit
Before you cast judgement - experience it first!
It's nothing like any other live PA you may have seen. Its not just an artist standing there infront of a laptop pretending to play a tune live - which you may have seen before.
It goes off everytime he's played.
I guarantee anybody who see's it will think its the bollocks!

fair play sounds mad! how come he spends so little time in the uk? i always here of him dj-ing half way around the world but gone to see him twice now and no show both times! :S
Dan's been touring around the world promoting soundweapon to date but is starting to book a load of dates in the UK. He only got back from Australia a month or so ago so he is juggling trying to make new tunes in the studio as well as revamping SOUNDWEAPON and getting bookings locked down in the UK.

Sounds phat! Id definately give it a listen.
I take it the sound weapon is a UK tour and is gonna be played in others places except London.
Yes mate.
He played Manchester last week i believe and will be playing more UK dates in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom