Fresh mix - 90mins Break,Icicle,Spectrasoul,Commix,Rockwell,Phace,Amo ss,Enei & more!

ultralean

Hey guys!

This is the first mix I've put up on here so would really appreciate some feedback! Good or bad! :)
Bit of crackle and pop in there but that's the way it goes with vinyl ^^

Link: http://soundcloud.com/cetra/swings-roundabouts

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pr3vxt

Swings & Roundabouts

Dub Phizix ft. Strategy – The Editor [Soul: R]
>>>Amoss – Flex [Renegade Hardware]
Rockwell – DJ Friendly Unit Shifter [Shogun Audio]
S.P.Y & Kasra – Surface [Critical]
Icicle & Commix – Ultra Clean [Shogun Audio]
Break – Bass Face [Run DNB]
Octane & DLR – Back in the Grind [Dispatch]
Siren – Snorkel [Siren]
Total Science – No Justice (Jubei remix) [Blackout]
Phace – Strange Science [Shogun Audio]
Icicle – Still U [Celsius]
Loadstar – Link to the Past [Ram]
Alix Perez – Contradictions [Shogun Audio]
Nu:Tone & Logistics – Trademark [Hospital]
Spectrasoul – Organiser [Critical]
Optiv & BTK – Inception [Renegade Hardware]
Enei – One Chance [Critical]
Break – Ringing Ears [Commercial Suicide]
Amoss – Footloose [Horizons]
Krakota – Be Myself [Ingredients]
Alix Perez ft. Peven Everett & Spectrasoul – Forsaken [Shogun Audio]
Silent Witness – California [Critical]
Commix – Double Double [Metalheadz]
>>>Bad Company – The Nine [Bad Company]
D Bridge – True Romance [Metalheadz Platinum]
Noisia – Façade VIP [Ram]
The Upbeats – Tor [Bad Taste]
Icicle – Minimal Funk [Shogun Audio]
Amoss – Severance [Inside]
Noisia & Phace – Floating Zero [INVISIBLE]
Lomax – Artisan VIP [Ram]
Enei – Cracker (Jubei remix) [Critical]
Break – Hot Love [Ram]
Ulterior Motive – 2098 [Subtitles]
Break feat. Die – Slow Down [Symmetry]
>>>Phace feat. Noisia – Crevice [Subtitles]

Peace :2thumbs:

Last edited:
Re: Fresh mix - 90mins Break,Icicle,Spectrasoul,Commix,Rockwell,Phace,Amo ss,Enei & m

27 minutes in and some seriously sick mixes so far...
Total Science – No Justice (Jubei remix) >>> Phace – Strange Science was something special...
as was Rockwell – DJ Friendly Unit Shifter >>> S.P.Y & Kasra – Surface

Carried on flawlessly for a while...
Would have to say that on this mix:
Krakota – Be Myself >>> Alix Perez ft. Peven Everett & Spectrasoul – Forsaken
Forsaken kinda came out of nowhere - the two tracks went together, just didn't seem like you brought it in at the right time? :/
and then Forsaken >>> Silent Witness – California -- I wasn't feeling this one, the tracks didnt seem to go that well together.

Commix – Double Double
>>>Bad Company – The Nine
D Bridge – True Romance
Noisia – Façade VIP

sick section, especially true romance >> facade vip!

Last edited:
Re: Fresh mix - 90mins Break,Icicle,Spectrasoul,Commix,Rockwell,Phace,Amo ss,Enei & m

will be checking. going through alot of these tunes myself.

this does look wicked man!

i'll peep this next week!

Class mix this one, feeling it

@smickus: appreciate the feedback mate! totally agree with you on bringing in forsaken too quickly. was a tad rushed!

any other comments welcome from you guys if you've got time to listen :)

This looks tasty.

Pon it!

Will have a gander at this. Look allllllllright

first mix aint too bad man. didn't like the clashing vocals tho. would have left out flex's intro to avoid the clash. the filter fade out was a nice idea too.

unit shifter - wicked mix

surface - yeah not bad, not brilliant if im honest, came in at a nice point and beatmatching and eq was on point, just didn't really feel these 2 together

ultra clean was cool - thought the intro came in loud leaving surface a lil low in the mix.

bass face was good too, much prefered the intro to the drop tho

in the grind was safe. liked the switch at the drop and the subtle way u brought it back in. bass face was kept low in the mix and thats where it would sound best in my opinion. u missed the opertunity of the second switch when in the grind drums cut out, that would have been cool and kept it clean.

snorkel - not sure about this one tbh. wasn't bad but they seemed to sit ontop of each other and not fuse if that makes sense.

no justice - swish

strange science - wicked. fav one so far. shame about the cut off, should have switched it when SS's drums cut and went whirly. its hard to nail this switch tho.

still u - never heard this b4.. nice mix, the eq on the drums sat perfect.

link 2 - really didn't like it. the jazz vibe of still u didn't work over this. the drums didn't sit right and the transition was sudden and harsh. sorry wasn't feeling it.

contradictions - love this track, didn't like the mix. they were never gonna sit that well but the drums are so full on they stuck out too much (much less mid required) and the soul vibes dont fit over the synthy ram number.

trademark -smooth.. hardly noticed the blend. good effort.

organiser - came in a lil mid heavy which dominated the blend but not too badly. the b lines together wasnt bad but not brilliant.

inception - nice but a lot of mid going on... need to lower one.. not sure which one would have been best, prob organiser, u can get away with loosing some volume on the organiser iser iser iser iser iser

one chance - possible bass eq problems. hard to tell on these earphones but there was def too much going on, shame they would have sat nice togeher.

ringing ears - yeah not bad, eq issues with the mid and treble tho. less is more during the mix.

footloose - liked the transition. was a lil harsh at points during the blend.

be myself - cool

forsaken - fucking wicked.

california - great mix, california dominated it too much tho, lil less mid to let forsaken through

double double - wicked, sounded really loud tho. touch less mid on one of them.

the nine - not too shabby. but too much bass on bass imo. liked the way u cut it away.

true romance - not bad at all. less bass on double double

facade - yeah ok

tor - liked it!

minimal funk - wicked blend. a lil less mid would even out the volume of those bongo type drums

severance - yes yes loved it

floating zero was swiss

artisan - liked it more than i thought i would. nice mix.

cracker - not bad at all

hotlove - liked the intro before cracker dropped back in, was real nice. still good when it did. prob would have mixed slightly better with original cracker coz of the drum pattern.

2098 - nice

slow down - was good actually, kept 2098 low in the mix and eq'd away the drums so it sat quite nice man.

crevice - not bad.

real nice mix man. enjoyed it. selection was cool and some real nice tight mixes. a few eq issues i would work on but nothing major just nitpicking.

look forward to another one from u dood!

Thanks Teddy mate I appreciate the in depth feedback! ^^

Would agree with you on a lot of what you said - it most definitely ain't perfect lol. Glad it was a good listen though :) Gonna record a shorter mix within the next week hopefully. My mixer's being proper temperamental at the moment which is making things difficult!

Last bump! Cheers to anyone who's given it a listen :beers:

Back
Top Bottom