Frequencies.

louissmusic

Hi everyone,

im quite new to production and have suddenly found out that altering the Hz of a sample are very important.

With this in mind can anyone tell me the recommended frequencies of different types of samples, e.g Kick, snare, high hat, rides, crashes, bass and breaks?

Also im having a problem with FL studio that everytime i turn a knob or tweak the levels on anything where the pointer/cursor has to dissapear to move the knob my cursor will dissapear aafter i tweak the parameter and only return when i tweak another parameter.

These are both important things so reply as soon as you can

Last edited:
search around the forum mate

look for the god book in drum and bass in the production section

With this in mind can anyone tell me the recommended frequencies of different types of samples, e.g Kick, snare, high hat, rides, crashes, bass and breaks?

Every complex sound consists of a spectrum changing OVER TIME, play any song and look at its spectrogramm, read some basic wiki articles about frequ, spectr., fourier transformation and that stuff. Sound design is more than single frequ... its allways hard at the beginning, in know :)

i go for roughly...

subs/bass 0-90hz
kicks clipped around the 100 mark.. (this stop it clashing with subs)
snares probs about 250+ and a bit

I layer all of these tho, so i have like 3/4 kicks/snares going at once, same for the breaks. normally have about 6 breaks but i equalise these quite alot.

obv with dnb you needs to get the drums and bass sounding correct, but other than that i just go with what ever comes out and clip the frequencies that generally sound 'muddy'

ermmm bit vague but there isint any set rules.

oh i do try and fill all the fequencies tho. :)

Back
Top Bottom