Freek - Time And Time Again (liquid)

yeah, really feeling it mate, good to see you can do both jump up and liquid to a high standard.

couple of points, but only nitpicking, I could hear any sub in there, party due to my headphones, but might needing bringing up a little

also, maybe slightly less processing on the vocals, because if the samples a clean accapella, then it gets close to sounding distorted.

but overall a very nice track mate

yeah, really feeling it mate, good to see you can do both jump up and liquid to a high standard.

couple of points, but only nitpicking, I could hear any sub in there, party due to my headphones, but might needing bringing up a little

also, maybe slightly less processing on the vocals, because if the samples a clean accapella, then it gets close to sounding distorted.

but overall a very nice track mate

cheers for the review mate, there is a huge amount of sub in there lol, and when u say processing on the vocals do u mean the reverb & delay? plus i recorded those vocals like a year ago as part of an old rock tune, been meaning to do a new version of it for ages. cheers for giving it a listen mate and for all the good comments.
Cheers mate

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

anyone else had a listen?

im trying to :D my internet is beeing slow as hell atm -.-

but the first hint while its still buffering.. you dont want your tune to be on the internet fully if you want to send that out to labels ...

no after i had a listen, i agree on that the delay on the vocal ist too much. sounds like a pitchbent at times, especially before the drop.
and for my liking the snare was a lil bit too dull/lacking punch.

apart from that, good tune! the vocal is nice aswell!

im trying to :D my internet is beeing slow as hell atm -.-

but the first hint while its still buffering.. you dont want your tune to be on the internet fully if you want to send that out to labels ...

no after i had a listen, i agree on that the delay on the vocal ist too much. sounds like a pitchbent at times, especially before the drop.
and for my liking the snare was a lil bit too dull/lacking punch.

apart from that, good tune! the vocal is nice aswell!

Cheers man, yea mixdown needs a little bit more work to get the snare to punch through the mix. ill have a go at reducing the effects on the vocals to sound less processed. cheers for giving it a listen mate.

these are your vocals as in original material? if so very nice indeed. i like what youve done with the beat, its just the drop that could do with a little more momentum, maybe by stripping the beat down in the intro. great song man.

Or if youre more maximum groove type a guy, add a bongo things under there or a few select percussion hits in the drum loop. Also sounds like some of the instruments after 2:35 is off key, clashing a bit. Like maybe you've used a pad sample that is in major key when everything else is doing a minor chord.

Good tune, like the vocals even itho that autotune thing is gay as hell :D

these are your vocals as in original material? if so very nice indeed. i like what youve done with the beat, its just the drop that could do with a little more momentum, maybe by stripping the beat down in the intro. great song man.

Cheers man, yea i know what u mean about the drop. yea all the vocals are original recorded a few years back. also the piano part was from the original rock tune so i just took that from reason and changed it a bit. glad u liked it man.

Or if youre more maximum groove type a guy, add a bongo things under there or a few select percussion hits in the drum loop. Also sounds like some of the instruments after 2:35 is off key, clashing a bit. Like maybe you've used a pad sample that is in major key when everything else is doing a minor chord.

Good tune, like the vocals even itho that autotune thing is gay as hell :D

lol i was waiting for the first autotune comment. i like ur idea about the bongos, might give that ago tonight when i get home. as for 2:35 i really liked the way it clashes lol, its doing that through most of the tune, its just a bit more prominent there. but u were right, major pad over minor chord, but i really liked the texture it created so i kept it lol. cheers for giving it a listen mate

i really like this mate, iv got a synth made which sounds quite similar to ur bassline but urs sounds really clean and eq'd well!~~
the only thing that grinds on me slightly is the chords used in the intro and breakdown... but they fit the vibe u went for.. so no faults really. i like ur drums too, sounds clean!

i really like this mate, iv got a synth made which sounds quite similar to ur bassline but urs sounds really clean and eq'd well!~~
the only thing that grinds on me slightly is the chords used in the intro and breakdown... but they fit the vibe u went for.. so no faults really. i like ur drums too, sounds clean!

do u mean the piano or the pads?

Cheers man, nice review, yea i stumbled across that synth completely by accident, wasnt sure what i was going for and was just messin around with the oscilators and filters on z3ta+ until it started to sound like that. def gonna have to save that one as a preset methinks lol.

i think it was piano chords mate? u had the piano melody playing the same notes over where u can change the chords to either make it sound a bit different like you have if u go down into minor chords or u can keep it major ( I think this is what im trying to say ) and it sounds more melodic, sometimes cheesy, but not if its not overdone!
this is personal preference tho at the end of the day!

Worked on this a shitload now and am very happy with how its sounding, the drums sound more realistic, the mixdown is a million times better now, i might even go to say its finished lol! anyways have a listen and let me know what u think.

http://soundcloud.com/djfreek/freek-time-and-time-again

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Worked on this a shitload now and am very happy with how its sounding, the drums sound more realistic, the mixdown is a million times better now, i might even go to say its finished lol! anyways have a listen and let me know what u think.

http://soundcloud.com/djfreek/freek-time-and-time-again

yea mate bangin tune, Im no expert on all the nitty gritty, but it sounds good to me. Big ups from New Zealand yo!

nice track mate

vox are a bit cheesey but what the hey,
i thjink the sub needs bringing up a liuttle bit and maybe you could layer a version of the midbass an octave lower to add a bit of depth to that.. at the moment it sounds a little trebly and like theres nothing between the sub and the lfo'd bass

just a thought

nice track though

i was very impressed by this track, i think it would sound lovely in a mix, the vocals sound great, and so does the sub bass IMO, ive listened to it 4 or 5 times now at high volumes, and i cant think of anything bad to say, so sorry, but no negative feedback from me, keep making tracks like this, and im gonna stay locked on your soundcloud page!

i was very impressed by this track, i think it would sound lovely in a mix, the vocals sound great, and so does the sub bass IMO, ive listened to it 4 or 5 times now at high volumes, and i cant think of anything bad to say, so sorry, but no negative feedback from me, keep making tracks like this, and im gonna stay locked on your soundcloud page!

Thanks very much, im glad u liked it. alot of people are really into it so am hoping you should start hearing it being played out quite a bit soon :0-) thanks for giving it a listen mate

Back
Top Bottom