Freek - Scavenger (wip)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Freek, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

wow at ur sig lol
    fix that link plz

3. Freek

link fixed, yea i saw the other day and it cracked me up so i had to sig it lol

4. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

lol at the sign firstly

This is pretty kool once i drops, intro needs sorting out alot imo

The drums are ok, i would want them harder though

im really liking the bubbliness of the tune though man thats a good idea in there

5. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

well, what can i say? drum pattern is kewl, but the actual drums need sharpening and wieght adding imo...

didn't really feel the b-line on this... but it aint my cuppa tea anyway, so take that comment as you may?

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

also, your drums (as in kick and snare) seem to have a similar problem to mine... not enough weight, so they are 'louder' to give them the punch, but this ultimately just means they cut through the mix too much, so they stand out rather than being smooth...

if you figure out how to solve this, let me know! ;)

6. Freek

Cheers man, yea its only had a couple of hours work done to it so lots and lots to be done, lots more textures and lots more fx & cuts. the mixdown will have a lot of work done and ill probs eq the drums quite a bit to make em shine more lol. cheers for giving it a listen tho mate.

Ive started to suss that out but it takes time, i found its all in the eq, it also helps that once youve finished ur tune and you've got the mixdown, export a wav of ur entire drumtrack and then add that into the mix, bring the volume quite low and compress it to fuuuucckk!! it gives a hell of a lot more punch, doesnt show very much on this or my last tune cos they're unfinished but it has worked wonders with a lot of my liquid stuff.

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

seems this is a good idea... been toying with this recently, will give it a go and see what happens ;)