Freek - Crazies (Jumpup)

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
New one up on the player. Something dark and evil!! Hoping this one gets a release with melting point.
Let me know what u think.

---------------------------------------------
04/05/2010
updated the soundcloud audio now
http://soundcloud.com/djfreek/freek-crazies
-------------------------------------------

Last edited:
very evil yes. just dnt like the overuse to that distorted yah effect. btu otherwise it is a heavy track... sounds like metal really haha

The Yah deff. sounds too over powering, and the overall thing sounds a bit bizzy and out of controll to me, but that might just be a matter of taste.
Not saying I could do it better tho =p haha.

Ha, yeah the bass sounds like a metal vocalist growling away. I like it. The bass is a bit loud, and the drums could be a bit more distorted or dirty to match the bass?

It's certainly different than what I was expecting! Nice.

very evil yes. just dnt like the overuse to that distorted yah effect. btu otherwise it is a heavy track... sounds like metal really haha

The Yah deff. sounds too over powering, and the overall thing sounds a bit bizzy and out of controll to me, but that might just be a matter of taste.
Not saying I could do it better tho =p haha.

Ha, yeah the bass sounds like a metal vocalist growling away. I like it. The bass is a bit loud, and the drums could be a bit more distorted or dirty to match the bass?

It's certainly different than what I was expecting! Nice.

Cheers for giving it a listen guys! Some good comments there. yea definately needs work on the mixdown to let the bass sit in the mix a bit more. and ill change the sub to an octave down i think. hahah i know what u mean about it sounding metal. i think its the open hats that give it that metal beat so i might bring up the rolling cymbals abit more to give it a more drumstep feel. Nice one peeps

Now i come to think of it, It reminds me of Tomba somewhat, But then with a faster beat haha.

Tomba - Choke on Coke

Also sounds very metal-ish haha. (dubstep tho.)

i recon this would sound alot better if the bass wasnt so overpowering it completely drowns out the drums.
fix that ill have another listen an tell u what i think

hmmm... well by the name i was expecting good tings, working on a 'crazies' tune myself (using samples from the original 70's version no les)! really like the intro, although i thought all the 'sounds of mayhem' could have been louder in the mix?

but then the drop, i was expecting some pure filth but it just went to a bitcrush sound... in my opinion it's a cop out? few people can get good things from that BC sound... like prestige for example

i personally hate it... so my opinion of the track is biased i guess!

sorry to be so brutal, but thats my opinion!

i recon this would sound alot better if the bass wasnt so overpowering it completely drowns out the drums.
fix that ill have another listen an tell u what i think

Have worked on it a bit, have put that bline back into the mix so everything is a lot clearer now. will upload some audio later if i get a chance. cheers for giving it a listen man!

hmmm... well by the name i was expecting good tings, working on a 'crazies' tune myself (using samples from the original 70's version no les)! really like the intro, although i thought all the 'sounds of mayhem' could have been louder in the mix?

but then the drop, i was expecting some pure filth but it just went to a bitcrush sound... in my opinion it's a cop out? few people can get good things from that BC sound... like prestige for example

i personally hate it... so my opinion of the track is biased i guess!

sorry to be so brutal, but thats my opinion!

Yea each to there own mate, i love the bc sound, its my jumpup style. def a love it or hate it style. sorry to hear you dont like. Cheers for giving it a listen though mate.

yeah. doesnt sound bad at all. but yeah, bass is drowning out the drums a bit or theyre just too low in the mix and im agreeing that you have to work on that bitcrushed bassline a bit more. its a bit too much imo. bring in another sound or different variations of that sound to keep it more interesting and make it less annoying. good work tho.

Have worked on it a bit, have put that bline back into the mix so everything is a lot clearer now. will upload some audio later if i get a chance. cheers for giving it a listen man!

Yea each to there own mate, i love the bc sound, its my jumpup style. def a love it or hate it style. sorry to hear you dont like. Cheers for giving it a listen though mate.

don't be sorry mate, intro was seriosly sick in concept (just needs better down mixing imo) and i will never be converted to the bit crush sound! (thats a lie, i have even used it in a track!)

anyone had a listen to the new edit??

me's did.
Don't really like the production on this one. The drums are almost missing in the mix! =( and the wobyoy is too high.
Also there's no stereo going on, no bits to let the listener interested in the song.
Note: I hate halfstep/drumstep as much as possible.

Sounds better yes :3 I do agree that there needs to be some panning in it, prehaps in the intro(?). (diggin' it btw) liking the wobbles as they are now, drums could be a tad louder tho. (just to get the drums stand out a little more :3 ) Not really havin to say anything on it otherwise haha.

Back
Top Bottom