Free voice samples?

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Does anyone got any tips on where to find some nice free voice samples? It seams really hard to find good ones. I have been looking all over but evrything i tend to find is really shite :(

Any tips are more than welcome <3

The good old question everyone asks himself probably. I think it's just a way of downloading a lot of acapella's, sampling speeches and interviews, maybe record some stuff yourself. Long story short, you have a lot of options, also it matters what kind of vocal you want.

exactly, turn on the radio and start recording, there is no end to the weird phrases with mongoloid elders or astronauts or carl sagan or whatever, but thats speech, so it depends on what kind of vocals youre looking for.

haha :D I'd guess that that would be the best way of getting decent samples. Witch programs or/how do you usually sample sounds? I tried to record from my computer with audacity but it balls up evrytime I try to do so. :/ Maybe just grab a cd and record some random radioshows? ^^

the internet archive - google it - all public domain stuff there - speeches radio book readin poetry - v good for samples

Download few old movies, I'm talking 50s or 60s, some of them have a pretty sick dialogs, anyway, thats how I do it.
cheers,

Yeah movies are a brilliant source of samples of all kinds. There's always a massive amount of useable effects, hits, all sorts. You should be able to find plenty of vocal bits just by recording and seeing what happens.

Back
Top Bottom