Free Mp3 down loads of my music

All the relevant info on my background influences etc are on my Soundcloud and Facebook accounts , i thought maybe people on a forum wouldnt want to read lost about me and if they did then they would follow the links and read up , I thought keep it short and sweet with links if people wanted more , im more than happy to write a bio on here but do people really take much notice , I used to use forums a lot and most people either just want free music or a place to voice there gripes and opinions on whats going on in the scene etc ? maybe times have changed on forums and im missing a trick but i find the most effective form of advertising promotion is letting the music speak for its self but provide sources of info if people want to know more , thanks for the reply though and maybe your right many thanks again and i hope you checked out some of my music .. have a great day ..Meta4

You seem sane enough and probably a nice dude, but there are loads of untalented people who post up stuff exactly like this every other day and to be honest, most people are probably past the point of even looking because 99% of the time, it's shit. It's like those Youtube commenters you see asking people to like their shitty channel without any description or context... everyone ignores them.

Nice one for the free music but I've never heard of you so yeah, you probably do need a quick bio or a few more examples of your work to get me interested. Like most people, I'm lazy so I'm not gonna click through to Soundcloud unless I think it's worth my time.

Building on what One Seventy said, we get a lot of posts like this from users who've just joined then posted, and it does comes across very much like those in YouTube comments; my reaction was in part due to frustration of spam. I do see where you're coming from however, people don't want a life story, and you've at least made it easy for us to listen, which many seem not to.

Posting your stuff on forums when you're not a well known artist is always going to be going to be a hardship, but leaving a little bit of a flavour in the form of a quick bio/ run-down of your style and thinking of a more snappy post title is always going to stand you in better stead. I have a personal pet pea about people shouting about the fact their music is 'free' when they're not really established because it comes across as a bit short-sighted - people aren't going to be paying for it yet!

Finally, having seen that you've only just joined the forum makes me feel like you've just been mindlessly plastering your stuff everywhere.. obviously you've got to try and get exposure I understand that, but on forums you're better off engaging with the community a bit more, if you had done you'd have found your way here http://dnbforum.com/forums/new-talent-and-track-reviews.21/ where people are more likely to give you the feedback you're after.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh dude, but I think it needs to be said.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback and advice , ill defo take it all on board and appreciate you taking the time to reply , i have a fair few tunes signed on various labels that will be coming out very soon , so ill make sure i become more active and post the links etc in the relevant forums , thanks again , hopefully chat soon ......

Back
Top Bottom