Free Mastering!

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Thought that would get your attention.

Anyway, over the summer I've been reading various books about mastering principles, so am looking to put some of the theory into practice.

If you have any tracks that you would like me to master for free, please dropbox them to me via:

http://soundcloud.com/alexi/dropbox/profile
or
AIM: AlexiDNB

Please could you make the tracks:
Wav format (preferably 24 bit)
With at least 3dB of headroom
Labelled with artist and track

Depending on demand, I'll look to have the tracks complete in a week or so.
Also, I'm happy to do this for free, on the understanding that I can use a small audio snippet of the track pre and post mastering as an example of my work.

Any questions, let me know.

This sounds great man! I'll probably throw you a track or two now during this week!

I usually just throw some Eq and compression onto my tracks for the master, it's going to be interesting to hear what they could sound like with proper mastering :)

What sorta setup you got at home boss? you done all the bass traps and sound deadening i guess? Sounds interesting tho, you aint guna have much time for yourself after you get a million requests lol!

What sorta setup you got at home boss? you done all the bass traps and sound deadening i guess? Sounds interesting tho, you aint guna have much time for yourself after you get a million requests lol!

There's professional mastering rooms at uni, which you can use for external projects between midnight and 8am, so just gonna have a few sessions in there.

Don't have an equipment list but I've worked on stuff in there before and it sounds spot on, full desk, outboard gear, huge genelecs etc.

It's freshers this week, so no chance of getting anything done, but will start this month.

Also, couple of of sidenotes, I don't claim to be professional, only a little background knowledge and access to the nessecery tools.

Plus, anyone sending MP3s, please can you resend as Wav.

320s may sound ok because of the psycho acoustic masking, but they only have about 10% of the data of a wav. Which is essential for coherent processing during mastering.

Also keep them coming, really looking forward to working on the tracks I've been sent so far.

Back
Top Bottom