FREE Dose Tune (Ritual) on Anodyne Audio

djmeltdown

LIKE & SHARE the Anodyne Audio Facebook Page to get Dose - Ritual for FREE!!

dose-ritual.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AnodyneAudio/app_220150904689418

Bit of a crap name for a label surely?

anodyne
ˈanədʌɪn/
adjective
adjective: anodyne

not likely to cause offence or disagreement and somewhat dull.

synonyms: bland, inoffensive, innocuous, neutral, unobjectionable, unexceptionable, unremarkable, commonplace, dull, tedious, run-of-the-mill

Gee thanks man.

A name is what you make it

- - - Updated - - -

noun
1. a medicine that relieves or allays pain.
2. anything that relieves distress or pain: The music was an anodyne to his grief.
adjective
1. relieving pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Along the lines of a escape from reality

Thank you. Trying to keep things on the positive. I don't produce & have found this label to be my way of contributing to a great scene that I've loved for many years

Don't get me wrong, some solid tunes on your label, just an odd name I would have thought. I know an "anodyne" has a different meaning in terms of pharmacology, but I'm still pretty sure that 99% of people who know the word know it from its general usage as shown in its dictionary definition.

Don't get me wrong, some solid tunes on your label, just an odd name I would have thought. I know an "anodyne" has a different meaning in terms of pharmacology, but I'm still pretty sure that 99% of people who know the word know it from its general usage as shown in its dictionary definition.

That's cool man and thank you for having a listen to the beats. It's a fair point. Hopefully people will associate Anodyne with quality Drum & Bass insteady of the dictionary definition. By the same theory, DJ Meltdown isn't a very good name either. We chose to run with the medical reference because it suits our purpose with our thoughts on music in general & what it means to us. At the end of the day, Anodyne in this sense is a Pronoun, waiting for us to define it.

When you hear (not read) the name KoRn, does the band pop into you mind at all? Do you still associate it band with the food? KoRn is a dumb name for a band, but look what they've done with it. This is what I hope we can achieve with time.

- - - Updated - - -

:rslayer: nice one Haynor!

Big love Vini :)

Back
Top Bottom