Frederic Robinson Album - BMTM

some excellent LP's coming out this year with this Tokyo Prose, Clarity, Skeptical, Calibre its going to be a heavy year of music (and a heavy year on my wallet)

This is interesting news.
Skeptical's LP definately confirmed for this year? & an LP from Clarity, can we see / hear the information source please?

I was going off your info on Skeptical mate when it was mentioned in an interview he was doing an album for Exit and hoped more than anything it would be this year.

As for Clarity, this is from Preshas Resident Advisor Label of the Month interview in December

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1666

You also have another album coming next year, right?

Yes. Clarity will be releasing one. He's still at University, and he's got a lot of studying and stuff to do. But I think it will come fast when he gets down to business. He's made some slower things that are just really... trance-y kind of. I use the word trance, but I just mean how the rhythms feel. He sent me one thing and I actually said, "OK, this is like five minutes long. Can you make me a 15 minute version?" It's that kind of music. I was excited about the thought of an album that is really based around this whole new reduced sound, I mean, Loxy & Resound have already done it with their album for Exit. I think Clarity and Skeptical are really the guys I want to see albums from because I think it's going to be an exercise in the future of drum & bass. As soon as I started hearing these new Clarity tunes I knew I had to do something. I approached him straightaway and early on.

Im a self confessed Samurai nerd but the whole interview, mix and this lovely little bit of information sent me into overdrive! 15 minute track? Sounds incredible, i'm hoping for a real game changer, something that pushes alot of boundaries.

Hope that helps mate

Last edited:
I was going off your info on Skeptical mate when it was mentioned in an interview he was doing an album for Exit and hoped more than anything it would be this year.

As for Clarity, this is from Preshas Resident Advisor Label of the Month interview in December

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1666

Im a self confessed Samurai nerd but the whole interview, mix and this lovely little bit of information sent me into overdrive! 15 minute track? Sounds incredible, i'm hoping for a real game changer, something that pushes alot of boundaries.

Hope that helps mate

Cheers man. Yeh, hoping Skeptical's LP / Album will be this year.
Good news on Clarity's though. That is a bit out of the blue. Hopefully more tunes like what he has released to far + stuff like Constant & a few unreleased bits that can be found on youtube make it onto his LP.

The guy is really on some next level shit isn't he...

tip of a really big iceberg. the album's already sounding amazing and i have videos of his whole live show. seriously has the potential to be the next massive thing in electronic music.

That youtube video is brilliant. I look forward to hearing this album. It should definitely be one of the better albums released this year

That youtube video is brilliant. I look forward to hearing this album. It should definitely be one of the better albums released this year

it's not even finished yet and it's already one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years or so. Really stunning stuff. I think the live material is what's going to blow everyone away though. No one in d&b doing anything like this. In fact, hardly anyone in electronic music doing things like this.

this is insanely good. got a very bonobo type style to it in that video, really looking forward to hearing this album

it's not even finished yet and it's already one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years or so. Really stunning stuff. I think the live material is what's going to blow everyone away though. No one in d&b doing anything like this. In fact, hardly anyone in electronic music doing things like this.

This. Barely anyone who has done D&B live has impressed me. It just seems like certain people are just pressing play to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom