Fracture & Neptune - Clissold (Machinedrum vip) (APHAVIP003) 01-04-13

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
http://www.surus.co.uk/Astrophonica/Clissold-VIP-21300.aspx

Jungle Juke? Astrophonica conclude their three-part, experimental VIP series by inviting Machinedrum to give his own take on the label's search for a new sound.
Clissold VIP sees the now Berlin-based, globe-trotting producer add his unique touch to Fracture & Neptune's original by taking the track into frenetic yet hazy vibes. As with the two previous VIPs, this release pushes at the seams of established genres to deliver a musical experience that's truly boundary breaking.
Machinedrum's own experiments with tempos and genres in recent years have put him at the forefront of a small group of producers who are pushing things forward, alongside the likes of Om Unit who featured on the second VIP.
As with the previous two releases, Machinedrum's Clissold VIP will be available as a limited edition of 300 x 10" one-sided vinyl with 2 colour screen printed and hand numbered sleeves.
Clissold VIP was exclusively aired on Gilles Peterson’s BBC 6 Music show and has since had support from Om Unit, dBridge and Daedelus.

shipping Friday 29th March from Surus

Just bagged a copy. A fitting end to the series & 9 months since vip 002. Love the half time squelches in this & has grown on me since I heard it on the Solid Steel radio show -> http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/159062-Om-Unit-amp-DK-Solid-Steel-Radio-Show-15-3-2013

Oh boi, this is fire. Want it but havent got the other 2, wish i bought them when they came out :(

Thanks mate, ill have to add them to the stupidly long list of things I want at the minute. It's a constant headache trying to decide what to buy next......

Nice to know someone else finds it as much of a headache as I do!

Its more of a constant headache trying to house it all.

I'm not quite at the stage where I don't have the room yet as I only have 150 records although in a few years I can definitely see my house being like Harry from the Ikea advert where vinyl is spilling out all over the show lol. Well thats the dream anyway

I'm not quite at the stage where I don't have the room yet as I only have 150 records although in a few years I can definitely see my house being like Harry from the Ikea advert where vinyl is spilling out all over the show lol. Well thats the dream anyway

DJ Shadows basement...every man can dream.

Last time I counted my collection, it was between 700 & 800. They take up about 3 shelves that are about 6 foot long each. Not taking up that much space

DJ Shadows basement...every man can dream.

or below. Did post this video in the thread about collecting labels complete back catalogs & vinyl addicts anonymous.

How many is your collection weighing in at Stu?

Last edited by a moderator:
How many is your collection weighing in at Stu?

Someone asked me this the other day. Certainly around the 1000 mark. Thats not including a shitload that is at my pals that I just don't ever use...not sure I'll ever see some of those back tbh.

I was also lucky enough (or unlucky depending on how much you love hoarding records) to sell a batch to a friend who just started out, must have been 50 odd records, which has now become a regular thing. Keeps the collection from going stale and gets me shifting the bits I don't want or play anymore.

Even though I have all that...I would say only maybe 300-400 are in regular rotation when I am in the mix. The rest gather dust and probably will for a while until I hear them again and want to go digging.

Back
Top Bottom