Fracture - Loving touch EP

Will definitely be bagging the vinyl. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the 2 tracks either side makes me want it more on vinyl. Brought the last 2 Exit releases on vinyl as well, last time I brought an Exit 12" was 2010. I'm all for the 4 track thing...

Fracture - Loving Touch EP - 30th June (or maybe the week after, as its not up for Friday shipping on Redeye yet)

We are proud to present the Loving Touch EP from Fracture, possibly his best yet and upping the ante from the much hyped -* for all the right reasons *- Get Busy.
The EP centres around 'Loving Touch', officially using Ralphi Rosario and Xavier Gold’s early Chicago classic 'You Used To Hold Me'.
Werk It was rhythmically conceived in a dream and realised with simplicity the next morning. It bubbles along with a stripped back carnival vibe. Vocal instructions command you to “go down! / come up!” and clattering soca percussion gets the booty bouncing. One for Notting Hill.

Grippin’ Grain is a collaboration with Sam Binga and was written at his studio in Bristol with a steaming hangover. Somehow they pulled it together and delivered a minimal 808 laden piece that never seems to let the tension drop from the first beat to the last. Slammed through an analogue desk it adds enough grit and distortion to perhaps reflect the effects of the previous night?

Fracture rounds off the Loving Touch EP with Overload and concludes a theme of breakbeats and bass stabs across the project. With US block party Hip Hop human beatbox and UK sound system samples, we find ourselves plunged thousands of feet under the atlantic ocean in a frantic international soundclash.

Back
Top Bottom