Found the perfect part about the bassline... But its TOO LOUD

Nicholas Stigma

STEADY ON OL' CHAP
I've perfected about the way I want to make my bassline, its sounds crispy and hard!
But is too loud, its like +5 Decibel means reaches the highest sound possible, but if i tweak settings a little bit it in volume, distortion, compressing etc. gets ruined all soft. :(
Any help?

Maybe turn down the volume of the channel and turn up the volume of your speakers? That's what I do at least

Yeah the final gain in the chain (channel volume) really shouldn't affect the sound other than put it quieter or louder. And like balthazaar mentioned, resampling works too.

Other thing that comes into mind is that if it just sounds too loud at some points, your speakers might be booming ie. the room resonates at certain frequencies. In that case, check with headphones.

Well I actually worked on something else, and have no more interest on that anymore.
Resampling does not actually help, its just the volume that affects it.

it looks like i found a trick with AMP that distorts the LP on a normal volume.

Thanks guys this is not solved

If turning it down a bit changes the sound, it's likely that you are overdriving some part of the signal chain, and the signal is getting clipped. When you turn it down, you no longer have the clipping so it sounds less distorted.

Back
Top Bottom