FOUND SOUND

Fratanize

Keepin the jungle alive
VIP Junglist
View attachment found examples.mp3

These are two examples of using found sound. The first one is cars zipping past me in the street. Made this into a pad. If you listen you can still here the cars in the pad. The second is my finger strumming the grooves on the back of a radiator. I have added lots of reverb and filters to distort the sound.

check em out

Sounds quite nice. I like the idea of this but I'm a bit lazy and I don't have any decent 'sound capture device'.
What did you use?
This could make a good challenge. Construct a tune using only 'Found Sound', as you call it.

ye man i scrapped some scissors on a nail file for a shakery type thing. was pretty cool sounding

I do this all the time; I have made things in the past using only things I've recorded.

Things like modem dial up noises and feedback. Aerosol sprays and water droplets.

Also:

clapping, talking (heavily distorted), ball bouncing against a wall, windows error messages :)p) radio tuning noises, and more that I can't recall.

Pad sounds really good.

Always thought a reese sounds like a recorded fart digitally remastered :teeth: ...

Sounds quite nice. I like the idea of this but I'm a bit lazy and I don't have any decent 'sound capture device'.
What did you use?
This could make a good challenge. Construct a tune using only 'Found Sound', as you call it.

i use a portable sound recorder from edirol. It has two mounted condenser mics, records in 24bit into wavs and mp3s. cost me £250. Pricey, but i can also line in record. Plug the red and white from xbox 360 and record all gameplay and cut sequences. Also, if i plug headphones in and turn the mic boost on i can hear peoples conversations from a distance. Its like having sonic fucking hearing.

yeah thats kool bro good work!

For one of our tunes panspermia, the synths in the tune and all the stabs were made from recording us flicking and hitting various objects in Littas front room :)

Back
Top Bottom