Fortune - Sunder

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fortune^, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

New little bit of something by myself. As always, feedback appreciated.

2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

as u know jim, this aint really my style but ya pruduction is nice, skatty little roller there, u will get better feed back ffrom others off here, i am jus layin it down cos ya me breddabingggg.

3. djdevz

djdevz Member

some cool sounds bringing an atmosphere toghether...although the little piano scale roller is using notes that dont harmonise with your project scale, but it sounds like you're going for that style.

the kick n snare definitely needs to be more punchier though, needs to cut through the mix better so it sounds more crisp and louder.
    i think ur percussion adds a lot to the song, so make sure they are all EQd at least to increase their clarity.

also i dont think the track needs to be that long...i reckon u can chop some off and still have all the elements ad progression you had before

not sure about the bass level, there's not much of it, but if thats the style you're going for then fair enough.

4. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Agree that perhaps the kick and snare are a bit light. The bass could be up a fraction.

Other than that (y) Nice one. Really enjoyed listening to that, it's something I would listen to.

5. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

instrument parts and melodies are all lovely... great atmospherics very soft, but seems like the beat is too soft to really get noticed, cant really hear the snare and kick coming through just sounds very thin, would be a great tune if the drums were a bit stronger me thinks good stuff... sunday vibes again

6. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Big ups for feedback guys. Really helpful :)

7. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

The more I listen, the more I love it.

I think the levels of the atmospherics/pads against the kick/snare work really well, initially I did think they were a little soft, but after having a mix with it & other "like-minded" stuff, it actually adds to the "impact" (shit description for a tune of this nature I know) when coming out the other end of the mix... If you know what I mean...

Good work bro :2thumbs:

8. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

got that oldskool atmospheric sound, love it, the quiet drums work, if thats what your going for, although i think the precussion needs to be a little less intense, feels like its gagging to break out into a fat wobble with sum filthy drum hits. love the atmosphere, soundscape n melodies, wikid stuff, feel like i shuld be coming up to something

9. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

i like it man, the atmospheric feel to it is spot on... proper chilled!
    not much gripes with the track itself, maybe id change drums a bit, thats all