Fortune - Exposition Volume Two

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
Exposition-2-Artwork-1024x819.jpg

The next in my Exposition series! thanks to the reception I got from the last one, I've done another. I've also upped it on soundcloud so anyone who wants it can get it there!

As always, feedback appreciated!

Rockwell – Everything & U
Clarity – Underneath The Leaves
ASC – Matter of Time
Naibu – Along
Linden & Blocks – Aurora
Nether – Skeletons
AnD – Still Be (Pattern Remix)
Eveson – Numbers
Lyterian – Transitional Force
Break feat. Nico – Salvage
Loxy & Resound – Black Hole
Overlook – Glass
Books – Chapparal
War – Rafale
J.Robinson & Amoss – Jigsaw
Hybris – The Cleaner
Engage – Above the Clouds
Critical Impact & Komonazmuk – Translation
Zero T feat Bailey – Robots
Dub One – Wray
Nebula – Platinum Jazz​

Tracklist looks quality Fortune, as per your last mix I saw on here.

Nice to see Everything & U make it into a mix again. It set the selection up for an ambient beginning. When Underneath The Leaves started to ease in, it really complimented Everything & U with the beats from both sitting nicely on top of each other, with the subtle bass from Underneath The Leaves bouncing along well & keeping Everything & U in for a little longer for extra effect was cool. Not heard Underneath The Leaves before & its a wicked tune :) Matter Of Time shuffles & bleeps in as you would expect from most ASC tunes. Very distinctive & works a treat with Underneath The Leaves. Along rolls in not too far into Matter Of Time & brings proceedings up a notch with some slightly more energetic drum patterns & a jazzy influenced breakdown. Similar structure in Aurora to Along, but with some abstract wooden drum notes that chopped up the mix well. One beat hitting quite hard / loud in there after the second drop. Not sure if that is meant to be part of the tune? Skeletons transition was very easy on the ears & a more rolling affair to most Nether tunes that I have heard previously. Still Be rmx was a nice new listen, bringing some mildly complex drum rolls into the mix. Not heard of Pattern before.

Numbers vibes in with some pleasant vocals & kinda half time main beat, with underlying running rhythm in the background. Really feeling this tune & yet another one I've not heard before. Nice contrast between Numbers & Transitional Force even though they are both steppyish tunes. I should really get round to picking up that Lyterian EP. Another loud glitch in the breakdown to Transitional Force that I'm not sure should be in there. Possibly something on your computer kicking in & being recorded in the mix? Fair play for including Salvage in you mix too. Must start playing that tune more as its one of my favourites on that LP. Works well with Transitional Force & brings a slightly more aggy vibe to the middle part of the mix, with the step in both tunes sitting nicely together. Fav mix so far. Also nice one for playing Black Hole too :) Made it into my latest mix. Black Hole rolling well with Salvage, but I thought it sat back in the mix until the fade to just playing on its own, as Salvage almost drowned it out. That crunch appears again just before Glass is about to roll the intro. Loving the effects in Glass & the direction that Overlook has taken with that tune, as opposed to the steppy haunting vibes that he normally brings to his tunes + it rolls a peach off the back of Black Hole. Shame that Glass didn't make it onto one of the plates that got cut off that compilation. Not heard Chapparal before or this Books person (unless a tune of his / hers / theirs made it into your volume 1). Contrasting well with Glass. Rafale was nice to hear the first time in members mix for me.

Pretty sure I gave Jigsaw a listen once before, but was wicked to hear again, almost like the first time I heard it. I like hearing what J.Robinson puts in his tunes & how they differ from tune to tune, plus not forgetting what Amoss bring to their tunes. Both undeniable talented names in the scene. One more crunch at around 46:34 again. The Cleaner rolls in to fill in some of the steppy notes in Jigsaw for another sublime mix. Loving what both tunes brought to that blend & has to be my second fav mix in the ride. Above The Clouds was building for the breakdown in The Cleaner & worked wonders for the double drop. The little switch to back in with The Cleaner was crisp. Need to play Above The Clouds more as you have reminded me how good it is :) Also I didn't remember Translation being as rolling when I first heard it. Robots was a stark contrast to all that had come before & quite an assault on the ears with that & Wray. Wasn't fond of that last mix. Platinum Jazz was a nice jazzy for the wind down to the ride, with some added breakbeaty flavours in there for good measure. One more crunchy note at 63:42 again. Not sure what they are, but worth mentioning to you. A friend had a similar problem ages ago when he used to record his mixes onto his laptop.

Quality mix as I could have guessed from the outset & going on your volume 1. Loved the selection & it was EQ'ed very well.
Would appreciate if you can return the favour on some feedback for my latest mix, as I think it will be your cup of tea. Plus only 5 pieces of feedback in 300+ views. http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/...Bass-2-Data-Overlook-Skeptical-Clarity-Synkro

yes mate.
love your mixes. this one's looking deep, on the dl.
big ups for playing salvage.

Big ups gents. Thanks for checking.

Don't know whats wrong with that crunching noise. It seems that it's only on the soundcloud upload, so I'll fix that when I get home tonight, if you're after a crunch free version download from the mediafire link on the page :) cheers for the heads up.

Pattern and Books are from Manchester. I used to run a night called Foundation with Books and we used to DJ across Manchester. If you're interested in hearing some other mixes check them out on my (shamelessly self promoted) website here http://www.djfortune.co.uk/

That Lyterian EP is amazing, I always keep a copy on my phone cos it's seriously deep.

Yeah with Robots, I was intending to notch it up and go full amen, but I kind of bottled it and kept it smooth with Wray and then Platinum Jazz.

Thanks for your indepth feedback and letting me know about the crunches. It's this kind of feedback that makes me want to do more mixes and anyone can just whack tear out dnb in a mix. Yours will be the soundtrack to my evening meal.

Teddy, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

digged it man. great selection and different too. first half melodic and calming and the second more raw.

thanks for introducing me to eveson - numbers, cant belive i havent heard it before. reminds me a little of dbridge wonder where.

pretty much all the blends were clean, smooth and really well eq'd.
for me the best part was from transition force onwards. the mix with salvage was cool, into black hole, that mix was awesome and then so was glass.
the cleaner and above the clouds? wow... loved the switch to cleaner when its drums cut out too.

well played man!

possibly even better than the first in the series, and one of the best members mixes i've heard for sure. so much variation in the tracklist and it's all mixed flawlessly at that. always a pleasure hearing the cleaner and translation, favourite mix had to be salvage > black hole (hench!) big salutes to you

Yea listened to this through my lunch. Quality again Fortune!

fav bits.

Break feat. Nico – Salvage
Loxy & Resound – Black Hole
Overlook – Glass

Ratings for playing Salvage, liked the mix with black hole, felt one or the other got lost a little behind the other mid mix, but still quality stuff. Into Glass with those distinctive stabs was really good mixing.

&

Hybris – The Cleaner
Engage – Above the Clouds
Critical Impact & Komonazmuk – Translation

Just yes simply to this 3 tune section, never heard Translation before, need to pick that up somewhere...mix into Robots was a bit too much after but nothing to worry about IMO. The cuts back to the breaks in the cleaner when that was mixed with Above the Clouds was really clean. Spot on.

Really enjoyed this, tunes I've never heard before, good mixing & EQing. The robots mix was the only thing I didnt particularly like, but overall this was fucking swish, a great way to get my afternoon going!

Will be peeping your next...

Thanks for checking.

Thanks for your indepth feedback and letting me know about the crunches. It's this kind of feedback that makes me want to do more mixes and anyone can just whack tear out dnb in a mix. Yours will be the soundtrack to my evening meal.

No worries Fortune! Partly why I like writing in depth feedback is because of what you mentioned & partly because I hope others can return the favour & give me some feedback on my mixes in return, which not many people have done considering I have been listening to a large handful of Members Mixes over the last month or so

Back
Top Bottom