DnB Fortune - Exposition Volume One

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
First in a new mix series from me showcasing the best in drum & bass (other opinions are available) and fitting in as many exclusives as I can, where I can.

EXPOSITION-VOLUME-ONE-ARTWORK.jpg

Stray - Pushed
Beastie Respond - We've Seen You Through
Saburuko - Warped [Instra:Mental Remix]
Hatti Vatti & Reza - Deeper Than Deep
Books - Snow on Snow
DFRNT - Slumber [ASC Remix]
Loxy & Resound - Vindication
Rockwell - Snare Drum Awareness
Breakage - Clarendon
Dub Phizix & Skeptical feat. Strategy - Marka
dBridge - Cornered
Sunchase - Varka
Code 3 - Response Call
Break - Symmetrics
Noisia feat. Foreign Beggars - Soul Purge
Sabre - Peril
Concious - Tectonic Plates
Amit - Focus Puller
Fortune - Nostromo
Seba - Heavy Traffic
Dub One - Watcha Man

Download

Wicked intro Fortune! SO nice to heard Pushed in a mix. Can't wait to see what beautiful tunes are on Mosaic volume 2 when it drops. Pushed works really nicely with We've Seen You Through, almost as if both tunes are talking to each other (thanks Stusmith for that one!). Love that almost wooden beat in Warped rmx. Spent ages toying with the idea of getting that tune, but never did. Very nice mellow vibes in Deeper Than Deep, simple but so effective. Not heard that tune or Snow On Snow, but really like both of them & how they were mixed :) Not heard Slumber rmx or Vindication either, so they were interesting to listen to as well. I prefer those autonomic relentless beat ASC tunes to his more experimental breaks based tunes too. Plus the rattled beat in Vindication is quite different to alot of standard dnb drum structures, that mixed with Snare Drum Awareness has to be some quality territory, unheard of by these ears :) a very forward thinking mix. The whole section from Vindication to Symmetrics was pure quality in my books. The percussion / rhythmic parts in Clarendon & Marka worked really well together, as well as into Cornered (pretty sure I heard that mix somewhere before). Cornered - Varka was a wicked mix with both choppy drum beats working in unison. Response Call was an enjoyable change to hearing the more favoured Living Proof in the mix. Occasionally reach for Symmetrics & its angry bassline as it cuts through a mix with immense force. Pleasing to hear Peril again also. Must start mixing that some more :) Your tune Nostromo sat nicely in the mix & worked well with the tunes around it.

A thoroughly enjoyable mix from start to finish. Almost impecable

im gonna echo the watcha in less detail and say this was a superb mix, very well thought out and track selection was very well considered. you actually made me enjoy listening to marka again, sounds sick sandwiched inbetween clarendon and cornered. big ups on including a beastie respond bit too, i absolutely cant wait for his album. his output is harddd.

basically you're a g, put out more mixes please

Gentlemen.

Thanks very much for your kind words. Had originally planned to put out a new mix every quarter but if there's a demand for them and I can get enough dubs then I will keep them rolling perhaps every two months or when I've got enough dubs to warrant putting together a new one.

Really glad you liked it. I don't just throw big anthems in a mix; I generally try and get a bit of a journey going and really think about the tunes I put together fitting in the dubs where possible.

A quick question, how do you listen to your mixes? i.e. if I put this out on a podcasted format would you be more likely to subscribe / listen to it?

If you want to check any of my other mixes check out my website here http://www.djfortune.co.uk/ but if you could let me know if you'd want to hear them on the regs and in podcasted format let me know and I'll hook it up.

Big ups again guys.

i'll download whatever format is there usually but prefer soundcloud, or even podcast form if that's what you wanted to do. also dubs don't single-handedly make a good mix if that's what's holding you from putting out more mixes :)

i'll download whatever format is there usually but prefer soundcloud, or even podcast form if that's what you wanted to do. also dubs don't single-handedly make a good mix if that's what's holding you from putting out more mixes :)

You're right about that man, though I thought that if there was demand it would help me get my ass in gear and finish some more tunes and that's exactly what I'll do.

I think I'll set up a podcast and a soundcloud too. Watch this space for future updates. Cheers for getting back to me :)

really really really cool mix...so why dont' you post more mixes Mr Fortune?!?! Looked at this TL & thought of Sicx, if you like this stuff check his mixes they are incredible.

would like to concur with Jack & The Watcha's comments - Snare Drum Awareness > Clarendon > Marka > Cornered was super smooth.
also

Break - Symmetrics
Noisia feat. Foreign Beggars - Soul Purge
Sabre - Peril
Concious - Tectonic Plates
Amit - Focus Puller
Fortune - Nostromo
Seba - Heavy Traffic
Dub One - Watcha Man
^ - really closed off the set nicely...tunes I havent heard, some I have, tight mixing...I looked through every tune on the TL and it doesnt seem much has been missed out tbh.

That Nostromo tune is pretty cool, any release details on that?

Big up Fortune - will be peeping your next mix.

EDIT also
soundcloud is my preferred listening source, easily accessible from my phone, laptop etc.

Last edited:
Thought id post this here incase you missed it :-

Give that mix a second listen today.. Always love your intros, kinda steppy chilled and i dont know any of the tracks so just found it took me somewhere else, that was up to 'Clarendon' an then my ears perked up, the mix with that and Marka worked really well, thought it was cool how the vocal from Clarendon ended as Marka began, after that i kinda got lost in the mix again, everything is so tight and eq'd really dont understand how you do it ! its hard to pick out particular mixes cause i dont know any of the tracks, and couldnt tell which were yours and Books so thats gotta be a good thing (as in the production must be at a high level).. ended great with that Dubone track, kinda left me wanting more, but very enjoyable all the same

Back
Top Bottom