Forthcoming Utopia Music Releases

New utopia release by bad men mako & mikal, 'under the earth' sounds awesome, fresh! Love it ... Will buy ...

UM025 - Andy Skopes & Madcap - Coded EP pre-orders up on Bandcamp Friday (vinyl + digi) ;)

Preview track sounds lush, lovely way to pay tribute to a talented producer RIP.

Pre-orders for wax and audio clips up on Redeye and Intense! :cool:

Pre-orders for wax and audio clips up on Redeye and Intense! :cool:

copped from Redeye...nice work!

For those who can't be arsed listening through Bandcamp's clunky player, here's "Tap The Bottle" in full via In-Reach!

Also note Utopia will have a vinyl restock of the Coded EP tomorrow as well as a -50% discount code running throughout Bandcamp Friday til the end of day UK time (follow us on Bandcamp for more info in the inbox / on the community page)

Mako's first sample pack for the Bandcamp crew is up now, some sounds he's used in the making of his 'Oeuvre' LP on Metalheadz ;)

Grab it while it's Bandcamp Friday to support the friendly Bristol hippie in these tough gig-less times <3

And the second part of Mako's 'Oeuvre Unlocked' sample pack is out now!
This one a bit more pad-oriented.

If you've bought part 1, then check your email for a 25% off discount code from us. If you HAVE indeed bought it beforehand, but for some reason have not received said code, drop us an email - utopiamusicuk [at] gmail [dot] com and we'll sort you :cool:

Next up on 026, 16th April

Hydro & War​

Detroit (Ft. Mateba) / Fugue​

Next up on 026, 16th April

Hydro & War​

Detroit (Ft. Mateba) / Fugue​

came here to post this...really liking what I'm hearing on this one!

We've had some issues with distro which meant the actual release date had to be pushed back to Fri 21st of May, however if any of you missed the other vinyl pre-order pages, here's the main one, the official one, and just in time for Bandcamp Friday ❤️

pr0tip: the Bandcamp release date is one week earlier - Fri 14th of May so hopefully yet another incentive (aside from getting digital files with your wax on BC) for y'all :teeth:

UM026-Front-Web_DigiCover.jpg

Hydro & War [UM026]
1. Detroit (ft. Mateba)
2. Fugue

Having survived the dreaded year 2020, we enter 2021 with a new hope and a brand new release as we welcome Hydro & War back to the fold. Our 26th offering is their Utopia comeback after almost 2 years since the release of the critically acclaimed 'Lateral Thinking' LP.

As usual this is a really well-rounded release. The A side ‘Detroit’ sees them joined by their long-time friend and collaborator, Mateba, for a deep, more musical excursion. The flip side is an unapologetic heavier, darker vibe to destroy the dancefloor!

Mako: "Well the guys are deadly by themselves and together they're unstoppable. I love everything, always, and sometimes I'm lucky to release some of it. From subtle aesthetics to bass pressure and the balance of wood and energy - love it."

Last edited:
Here we go again, some brand new pressure from Utopia, this time coming from Quartz, who delivered an absolute stunner of an EP! Pre-orders for the vinyl and digi up now, you get 'Gateway' now available for download and streaming if you grab the entire thing :slayer:

UM027 - VINYL MOCK (1).jpg

Quartz - Thorns EP [UM027]
1. Krokodil
2. Gateway
3. Rituals
4. Thorns

Our next venture into the world of Utopia comes with new momentum gained from Elliot Garvey aka Quartz, who has delivered the incredible “Thorns” EP.

Rolling with the punches from his immense Resident Advisor podcast and the successful releases on Metalheadz, Samurai and Rupture, we’re proud to put his next body of work out into the world. This brilliant four-tracker has it all: deep soundscapes, crunchy breakbeats, hypnotic grooves, haunting samples and an intense dose of powerful sub bass weight. Support from: Break, DLR, DJ Flight, Djinn, Doc Scott, Double O, Goldie, Halogenix, Hydro, Loxy, Mantra, Noisia and many more.

Mako: "Quartz is one of those rare producers who can make any genre of music incredibly well. He chose drum and bass and I am thankful he did. I don't hear much I like these days but every tune he sends me I rate in one way or another. These 4 tunes are special though and I’m very lucky to call him a peer, a brother and a Utopia artist."

Back
Top Bottom