Forthcoming Symmetry Releases

b-side is decent, mc fats track is cringey.

i like the b-side on each vinyl, not enough to spend £20 on 2 tracks though.

b-side is decent, mc fats track is cringey.

i like the b-side on each vinyl, not enough to spend £20 on 2 tracks though.
you don't like Keeping It Raw? One of the tunes of the year for me...
yeah sampler 2 is a letdown...side A is deffo a bit cringe (I get that from a few Fats tunes too), and the B side is kinda big but not sure if I can see myself playing it. Could be the first Break plate I have skipped in a while!

Both 12's are OK but nothing special by Breaks standards. He can write tracks like Keep It Raw in his sleep. I will be swerving these samplers and hope that the LP contains something more worthy of my hard earned.

aye, keep it raw isnt doing anything for me, run of the mill dj fodder with a generic hip hop sample. I prefer the flip of that one, it's a little quirky roller, nothing amazing, just a bit more twisted

he's making dj tools for his dj sets, nothing more or less

needs to break out the mould and do something new / extra special this far into his career, especially with his engineering skills

I'm not buying the idea that Break's run out of ideas, and personally I believe the opposite to be true. In the last few years, the guy's put out liquid (If I could, Pushing on me, Last of the Tribe remix), Neurofunk (Thor remix, The Rush, Confidential), jungle (Late exclusive, Not Forgotten), dub/dancehall type stuff (Free your mind, Left Behind, Overdub), those rollers with Kyo that he does so well (Simpler times, Gave too much, Who decides), halftime (Inside, Frogspawn, Chainmail) and a load of other stuff (fairly arbitrary labels, but you get the idea). For me, I'd be less impressed if he kept churning out those crunchy, dark rollers he used to make, amazing as they were.

Also, Nevaeh is a fucking trip:

Audio and visual swag up now

302131-2.jpg

Break - Another Way (2 X LP)

Break - Last Goodbye Ft. Celestine
Break - Keepin It Raw
Break - Whispers In My Ear Ft. Mc Gq
Break & Kyo - Jungle Desire
Break & Total Science - Dog's Dinner
Break - Conversations Ft. Mc Fats & Cleveland Watkiss
Break & Dlr - City Slickers
Break & Kyo - The Edge Of Time
Break - Sunset Dub
Break - Time To Fly
Break - Looking For That
Break - Take Me Away

SYMMLP007

Expected 16 Nov 2018

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/mobile/release_info.asp?rel=103071

Damn that's a solid album.

Pretty much this. But sampler tunes appearing on the actual LP again? Was kinda hoping that Hip Punch would be on there instead of Keepin It Raw if I'm honest.

And 12 tunes on 2 vinyl..... meaning 3 tunes a side :-/ Wonder what the cuts quality is like? The 20/20 LP's, Hybris's LP on Invisible and the Dom and Roland remix LP weren't exactly the loudest. Was hoping Break would have stuck with the 3 plate option like his last LP!

Pretty much this. But sampler tunes appearing on the actual LP again? Was kinda hoping that Hip Punch would be on there instead of Keepin It Raw if I'm honest.

And 12 tunes on 2 vinyl..... meaning 3 tunes a side :-/ Wonder what the cuts quality is like? The 20/20 LP's, Hybris's LP on Invisible and the Dom and Roland remix LP weren't exactly the loudest. Was hoping Break would have stuck with the 3 plate option like his last LP!
oh never realised this...damn, flag. waste of time....bought the Simpler Times album, never played it due to the format and then sold it in like-new condition. won't even bother with this one I'm afraid

Back
Top Bottom