Forthcoming Symmetry Releases

What's people's thoughts on the Break album? For me it's good but not as varied, unique, genuinely soulful or as high quality as Resistance. That album is a masterpiece and I don't think Break has done anything as good since then.

Another Way seems to conform to 2018 dnb standards rather than set new ones like Resistance did.

I chucked the Symmetry LP on Spotify the other day and listened to it in full, and gotta say it stands up very nicely

For me, that LP was when he mastered his craft and had his own sound without hammering it into the ground. Since then everything seems a bit overcooked. Resistance had some good tunes on it but I definitely preferred Symmetry.

There's way too many vocals and a sense of trying too hard to make every tune a piece of musical genius these days for me, this LP is more of the same - but incredibly impressive technically and I'll always have huge respect for him as an artist even if I struggle to get excited about his tunes now

Last edited:
Yeah mostly agree. While I liked Resistance better, I still believe Symmetry was better than Another Way.

And also I think Conversations is a crap tune now after listening to it several times — pretty much all because of the vocals. Respect to Fats but he sounds off on this. I'm no musical brain but he sounds flat to me? And Cleveland Watkiss' vocals are just cheesy and awful. The tune behind it sounds great unfortunately.

I chucked the Symmetry LP on Spotify the other day and listened to it in full, and gotta say it stands up very nicely

For me, that LP was when he mastered his craft and had his own sound without hammering it into the ground. Since then everything seems a bit overcooked. Resistance had some good tunes on it but I definitely preferred Symmetry.

There's way too many vocals and a sense of trying too hard to make every tune a piece of musical genius these days for me, this LP is more of the same - but incredibly impressive technically and I'll always have huge respect for him as an artist even if I struggle to get excited about his tunes now

Bringing this up again sorry but gotta agree on this. Break for me was peak in 08-09. Resistance was the last thing I bought. I still have much respect for him but fail to get into his stuff in the last couple years, bare some exceptions like Who Got The Funk... Saying that I try to think of anything else I really liked of his but there really isn't :-/

Break & Kyo - Past North being played a bit...another Break 12" coming soon??
and something by Marky!!
Dj Marky - Hard Hands (Symmetry dub)

All in here (great new podcast btw)

You were right man! Hopefully a little VA LP hopefully made up of EPs by the looks of it... SWAG

302556-2.jpg

Various Artists - Summetry Vol.1 [12" Single]

A1. Break & Kyo - Past North
A2. DJ Marky - Hard Hands (Late Night)
B1. Ill Truth & Satl Feat. Charli Brix - In Your Soul (Lenzman Remix)
B2. Total Science & Fd - 3 Way

SYMMLP008

Expected 2 Aug 2019

These will sound ike they're being played through a tin can on this multi track 33rpm, bassless with muffled treble.

Nice tracks, though...

hopefully a bit of peer pressure will see another 12" pressed from this album!

Swerved is one of my favourite liquid tunes of the year.
I Need is a killer.
Chimes is VIBES.
At The End Of The Day is awesome, and an unexpectedly beautiful tune from Hydro and War (who normally make more tougher stuff).

or at least a 10" with Swerved b/w I Need (or Chimes)

Jack Boston

The Place Ft. Vanity Jay
Always There Ft. Madcap

SYMM029
Symmetry Recordings turning into the next liquid label :-/

Expected 25 Oct 2019

Jack Boston

The Place Ft. Vanity Jay
Always There Ft. Madcap

SYMM029

Expected 25 Oct 2019

overly produced liquid naffness that sounds like it should have come out 12 year ago...

Jack Boston

The Place Ft. Vanity Jay
Always There Ft. Madcap

SYMM029

Expected 25 Oct 2019

this is VIBES - there's been a few Boston releases on Symmetry, as well as In Your Soul on the Ill Truth EP which was pretty summery. I think its a good mix of styles on there

Back
Top Bottom