Forthcoming Spearhead Records

Fucking hell I even missed the fact there's a new Utah Jazz LP on the way...

Too many LP's as of late! Or I'm just turning into a dopey old flog :violin:

Why aren't more people talking about this Utah Jazz LP?! Ridiculously good. Probably my favourite liquid album of the year so far.

My favourites are Growth Comes, Neverland and Route 166.

Nice remixes overall but (even though I might be biased) Kimyan Law and Conduct remixes are by far my favourites.

And yeah agreed with general consensus on the Utah Jazz LP :2thumbs:

I know it's been out for a while, but that Klute RMX is a favourite of mine of recent! Brings the best out of the good elements of the original track.

And yeah, Kimyan Law and Conduct ones are the winners here.

The vocals in that tune that break remixed is catchy in a student raver-y way if ya get me ;)

Fantastic remix LP, it feels like all the tracks form parts of single body of work but you can hear the signature sounds of the individual producers coming through as well. Ulterior Motive, Hybrid Minds and Electrosoul System bits are the standouts for me.

That remix LP is great. Been some good lp's this year but this one is one of the best imo

Why aren't more people talking about this Utah Jazz LP?! Ridiculously good. Probably my favourite liquid album of the year so far.

My favourites are Growth Comes, Neverland and Route 166.

Grabbed the Utah Jazz LP, trademark sounds with no cheese in sight. Route 166 especially is :love: Might be the guy's best album so far.

Still need to check some of the new releases, too many releases to keep up with

To be fair I haven't watched the video (no sound, at work) but I have read about it and fair game to him. If I can pre-order an album I would buy anyway while simultaneously helping the man make it, I will. Don't know why more don't do it — I remember Gridlok & Prolix's Project Trendkill seemed like a success. A-Sides and Makoto's one didn't seem as successful but also didn't seem so well organised or promoted and it used a weird service if I recall correctly.

What I find a little strange (I didn't see this explained, but again, I haven't watched the video) is why this album is going to be so difficult and costly compared to other ones he's done. He obviously runs the label himself but has released plenty lately with no obvious cost difficulties. He has also released several high quality albums with vocalists, etc in the past. What makes this one more costly or why is he so poor this time around?

Agreed, I've been listening to it a lot over the last week. It's a great album to listen to from start to finish in the car, etc. Not necessarily all club tunes.

Mutated Forms sure love their pitched down vocals though.

Back
Top Bottom