Forthcoming Signature Recordings

What a blessing, been really impatient for the repress. Now we just have to play the waiting game for six weeks. Harsh!

Second Sun reissue:

Not hopeful of this. Last time I got a refund after a few weeks of having it pre-ordered.

Also I think I have had Serum and Bladerunner - Who Jah Bless on pre-order for over a year

Correct, not a remaster, which is good, because the original master was done by Stuart Hawkes, who is the best mastering/cutting engineer on the planet in my opinion.

Surely the whole album was mastered by him then?

Surely the whole album was mastered by him then?

I'm assuming Lewis Hopkin @ Stardelta is the one who has remastered Second Sun. He's been the one mastering the Signature releases the past several years and he's done all the recent remastering work for the Signature reissues. He is good as well. I still think Stuart Hawkes is the best though :). The original version of Second Sun was mastered by Simon Davey @ Exchange.

The CD version of the original Second Sun release was mastered by Klute so perhaps there's digital remasters incoming too.

Be interested to hear if they sound different - I bought four copies of Second Sun, two on vinyl and two on CD (although I gave one CD copy away as a present), and having caned the vinyl at the time I just play FLACs ripped from the CD these days, and I honestly can't say that there's much of a difference in heft between them.

oh man, how to buy this if you're not in the UK?? 😕

It's deliberately vague to entice the fan boys to part with their cash pronto. I'll be after a copy when it hits the shops.

Back
Top Bottom