Forthcoming Shogun Audio

just read this too:
We are very proud to present Volume 1 in our new ‘Shuriken Series’. This new vinyl-only range will pull together stand out tracks previously unavailable on wax onto highly collectable limited edition 4 track EP’s each with its own bespoke ‘Shuriken’ design and colour.

What a fucking joke! Friction has lost any sore of former respect I had for the guy.

Started around the time of that Fatbot Slim remix and that Gorillas - Dare attempt, and all this from a guy who had releases on Renegade Hardware at one point :fpalm:

Inb4 Friction makes an account to tell you to F-off mate :teeth:

Likely to happen the way things are going round here 😂 Seems like no ones allowed an opinion round here anymore for fear of being shut down, on a place that encourages opinions to be voiced :teeth:

just read this too:
We are very proud to present Volume 1 in our new ‘Shuriken Series’. This new vinyl-only range will pull together stand out tracks previously unavailable on wax onto highly collectable limited edition 4 track EP’s each with its own bespoke ‘Shuriken’ design and colour.

On second looks, how can a label manage to go doubley back on a vision they had within 3 releases??

▪"Vinyl only" - yet all available digitally!
▪"Previously unavailable on wax" - yet they've all been released on vinyl before!

jiFfM.jpg

THANKS FOR COMPLETELY WASTING A VINYL RELEASE SHOGUN AUDIO!!! FFS

Another top release incoming!!

DJ Marky X Pola & Bryson - Run The Streets EP
1 Run The Streets
2 Trouble
3 Dogfighter
4 Into The Blue (Ed:it Remix) Shogun Audio Sha164

Do we need audio to reconfirm that Shogun Audio has turned into virtually a liquid only label? :teeth:

Various Artists - Shuriken Vol. 5 (around 4th September)

A1 Friction - For This Ft. Liam Bailey
A2. Pola & Bryson - Cold Love
B1. Document One - Like This
B2. Monrroe - Horizon Ft. Jinadu

Do we need audio to reconfirm that Shogun Audio has turned into virtually a liquid only label? :teeth:

Various Artists - Shuriken Vol. 5 (around 4th September)

A1 Friction - For This Ft. Liam Bailey
A2. Pola & Bryson - Cold Love
B1. Document One - Like This
B2. Monrroe - Horizon Ft. Jinadu

and the fact that For This was the first tune on the 15 Years album vinyl last year? :rolleyes:

and the fact that For This was the first tune on the 15 Years album vinyl last year? :rolleyes:
Absolutely hammering a shit tune like that is the sign of a label turning into a third division banger merchant imo. Look at what labels like RAM and Viper became. Shogun has been on that slide for years now since Rockwell, Alix Perez and Icicle moved on.

So the ethos of the series shit show continues...

Absolutely hammering a shit tune like that is the sign of a label turning into a third division banger merchant imo. Look at what labels like RAM and Viper became. Shogun has been on that slide for years now since Rockwell, Alix Perez, Icicle and Spectrasoul moved on.

Fixed

Installment number 6 in the series...4 more tunes that are on vinyl already (2 on the same release, even lol) :(

Installment number 6 in the series...4 more tunes that are on vinyl already (2 on the same release, even lol) :(

interesting that they also try and justify the selections by saying that they 'are no longer able to buy new'...oh, yeah?

at the risk of harping on about it...the Shuriken series has been a hugely wasted opportunity. I can't believe I still can't play GLXY - Lucid on vinyl yet, and there's been a string of great Monrroe tunes that the label has put out (with only one making it onto one of these releases). Crazy

Monrroe volume 1 EP, around 26th March

A1. Out Of Time Ft. Zara Kershaw,
a2. Never Too Old Ft. Emily Makis
b1. You Got Me Ft. Alexa Harley
b2. Everywhere I Go

A friend link me a set of Monrroe's the other day and he wasn't plugging shite wishy washy liquid, which was a surprise. More like the Shogun sound of old, which was a shame :-/ This is probably filled with the former

at the risk of harping on about it...the Shuriken series has been a hugely wasted opportunity. I can't believe I still can't play GLXY - Lucid on vinyl yet, and there's been a string of great Monrroe tunes that the label has put out (with only one making it onto one of these releases). Crazy
this post aged well...wonder whether the team at Shogun have been lurking in here?

Back
Top Bottom