Forthcoming Shogun Audio

Did you receive this yet?
Hey mate! Yup it arrived the other day, just didn't have my setup running so couldn't play it haha...

Tried the 10"s last night (not the 12"s), they maybe sound a tiny bit flat, but not bad at all, I'm actually quite pleased considering the Discogs feedback on them. I put the original of Changeling on next to the VIP, and the original sounded a little more crisp and snappier, but the volume was almost identical between them. Didn't test for noise in the quiet bits (can have another listen tonight if you want), but I'm happy to say they're quite DJ-able (especially against a few other releases lately)

I like buying a physical product, and you can’t play vinyl in the car, so that leaves CD and cassette, and my car doesn’t have a cassette player, so that leaves CD. And I’m not going out spending who knows what on printable CDs and stickers just to have a product that wouldn’t be as good as if the companies still did it themselves. So until Shogun (and various other labels) start selling CDs again I won’t buy albums from them. That’s my problem, not yours

Assuming you don't live in some third-world country, a new car head unit with bluetooth or an aux port is crazy cheap now. Hell, your savings from not buying a couple of CDs will get you a decent one.

Just chuck all the music you want on your phone, or if you want to truly welcome in the new millenium, Spotify has you covered.

Hey mate! Yup it arrived the other day, just didn't have my setup running so couldn't play it haha...

Tried the 10"s last night (not the 12"s), they maybe sound a tiny bit flat, but not bad at all, I'm actually quite pleased considering the Discogs feedback on them. I put the original of Changeling on next to the VIP, and the original sounded a little more crisp and snappier, but the volume was almost identical between them. Didn't test for noise in the quiet bits (can have another listen tonight if you want), but I'm happy to say they're quite DJ-able (especially against a few other releases lately)
Thanks for the info, no that will be fine

Assuming you don't live in some third-world country, a new car head unit with bluetooth or an aux port is crazy cheap now. Hell, your savings from not buying a couple of CDs will get you a decent one.

Just chuck all the music you want on your phone, or if you want to truly welcome in the new millenium, Spotify has you covered.
I’ve got all that (except Spotify), but I want CDs to have them

DOCUMENT ONE - DOCUMENT ONE LP
shogun audio

Drum And Bass/Electronic
2LP SHA151
19th July 2019

* 2xLPvinyl, 5mm Spine Sleeve
* Document One Are Very Proud To Unveil Their Debut Self Titled Album.
Over The Years, Joe And Matt Have Had An Illustrious Production Career Dabbling In All Flavours Of Underground Dance Music. Not Deviating From D&B Tempo, This Album Goes Back To Where They Started While Showcasing How Far They’ve Come.
"We’ve Spent Close To A Decade Working Together As Document One Within UK Bass Music. We’ve Toured Over 30 Countries Across 4 Continents, We’ve Watched So Many Of The Musicians We Admire Perform And We’ve Been Exposed To So Much Culture Along The Way Too. This Album Is A Cross-Section Of Who We Are As Musicians, As People And Most Importantly A Duo.”

insane Skeptical & SP:MC collab is on here...

Yet more proof that Shogun has unfortunately fallen into being a mainly liquid label :-/

That collab is the pick of the bunch, with only 4 out of 15 tunes doing it for me. I know he was / is part of the latter, but Smelly Button sounds like a Skeptical & Code 3 collab, which could only be a good thing.

SP:MC also needs to make more 170 bpm tunes

Various Artists - Shuriken Vol. 3

1. Icicle - Dreadnaught Ft. Sp:mc
2. Spectrasoul - Away With Me Ft. Tamara Blessa (Calibre Remix)
3. Friction & K.tee - Set It Off
4. Alix Perez & Sabre - Solitary Native

SHA159 Expected 15 Nov 2019

THANKS FOR COMPLETELY WASTING A VINYL RELEASE WITH ALL THE TUNES ON THIS PREVIOUSLY RELEASED ON VINYL SHOGUN AUDIO!!! FFS :fpalm:

Various Artists - Shuriken Vol. 3

1. Icicle - Dreadnaught Ft. Sp:mc
2. Spectrasoul - Away With Me Ft. Tamara Blessa (Calibre Remix)
3. Friction & K.tee - Set It Off
4. Alix Perez & Sabre - Solitary Native

SHA159 Expected 15 Nov 2019

THANKS FOR COMPLETELY WASTING A VINYL RELEASE WITH ALL THE TUNES ON THIS PREVIOUSLY RELEASED ON VINYL SHOGUN AUDIO!!! FFS :fpalm:
did you see my comment in here?:
https://dnbforum.com/threads/shurik...trasoul-calibre-friction.204215/#post-1675389

fully agree. some people will be stoked to get the Away With Me remix for cheap, but apart from that its a throwaway pressing with all the tunes available on 45's. Strange decision

JUST PRESS LUCID FFS!

Or any of the GLXY tunes - maybe the Chiral EP, Changed Forever or the rest of the Vision EP.

The there's Ed:It's Silhouettes series...

to follow my follow-on...

I reckon they should just run FB polls to see what peoples favourite tunes are on releases, or what the sought-after digital-only tunes are that we'd like to see pressed as part of the series.

To validate your vote you put up a picture of the latest record/s you have bought (to filter out all of the people saying 'press this', who don't actually buy anything.

did you see my comment in here?:
https://dnbforum.com/threads/shurik...trasoul-calibre-friction.204215/#post-1675389

fully agree. some people will be stoked to get the Away With Me remix for cheap, but apart from that its a throwaway pressing with all the tunes available on 45's. Strange decision

Completely missed that thread, which is strange as I usually catch up with all the new stuff in the main forum if I've not been on here in a while. And completely agree with you. This is and probably will be the most pointless release this year!

to follow my follow-on...

I reckon they should just run FB polls to see what peoples favourite tunes are on releases, or what the sought-after digital-only tunes are that we'd like to see pressed as part of the series.

To validate your vote you put up a picture of the latest record/s you have bought (to filter out all of the people saying 'press this', who don't actually buy anything.

This entirely. There has been a fair bit of quality on the label of late since their last VA LP like you said, that Was A Be release is another, but as previously mentioned: a label that seemed very much at the top of their game around The Way Of The Warrior LP and before that has fallen SO far from grace to become a mainly liquid shadow of its former self. Seems it's been that way since Alix Perez, Rockwell and Spectrasoul flew the nest, along with all those mentioned and Icicle setting up their own labels.

All the other artist they seem to have got in to bump up their roster don't seem to be doing anything to float my boat either, like Fourward, Ed:it, Joe Ford, Pola & Bryson might have the odd tune on a mediocre LP at best and other stalwarts like Technimatic have been here and there the rest of times.

Quite a likening to the sinking ship that Formation Records became

This label lost its identity about 7 years ago, much like Critical
Half of the tunes on Shogun now would have been SGN:LTD releases back in the day. Which is no bad thing, but the fact that it's all fairly bland makes it worse

That Skeptical and SP:MC tune is good though. SP is a really talented producer who knows the heritage and how to strike the right balance; make a tune that sounds like the golden era stuff without being played out

If feel you guys on the way things went with Shogun after Way of the Warrior. Shift in focus seemed to have panned out pretty badly. For me Shogun hasn't been one of the labels I check on regularly, especially since Alix Perez & Spectrasoul made their own labels. But that might reflect my change in taste more than the quality of the label.

Although, I shouldn't be a hypocrite; seeing some kind of repress on 'Away with Me (Calibre remix)' makes me happy as the 12" is ridiculously hard to come by and even then the price is usually off the charts. Then again, repressing the release would've been equally good or better for me (I can understand this opinion might differ for those who have the 12" in their collection).

Completely missed that thread, which is strange as I usually catch up with all the new stuff in the main forum if I've not been on here in a while. And completely agree with you. This is and probably will be the most pointless release this year!

This entirely. There has been a fair bit of quality on the label of late since their last VA LP like you said, that Was A Be release is another, but as previously mentioned: a label that seemed very much at the top of their game around The Way Of The Warrior LP and before that has fallen SO far from grace to become a mainly liquid shadow of its former self. Seems it's been that way since Alix Perez, Rockwell and Spectrasoul flew the nest, along with all those mentioned and Icicle setting up their own labels.

All the other artist they seem to have got in to bump up their roster don't seem to be doing anything to float my boat either, like Fourward, Ed:it, Joe Ford, Pola & Bryson might have the odd tune on a mediocre LP at best and other stalwarts like Technimatic have been here and there the rest of times.

Quite a likening to the sinking ship that Formation Records became
just read this too:
We are very proud to present Volume 1 in our new ‘Shuriken Series’. This new vinyl-only range will pull together stand out tracks previously unavailable on wax onto highly collectable limited edition 4 track EP’s each with its own bespoke ‘Shuriken’ design and colour.

just read this too:
We are very proud to present Volume 1 in our new ‘Shuriken Series’. This new vinyl-only range will pull together stand out tracks previously unavailable on wax onto highly collectable limited edition 4 track EP’s each with its own bespoke ‘Shuriken’ design and colour.
Well, this didn't last long.

Back
Top Bottom