Forthcoming Shogun Audio

rythmatix

VIP Junglist
Couldn't find a label-dedicated thread (and Shogun have had a few releases lately, with some decent stuff for a change).

The latest BBC show by Friction had the Yes Jah tune by QZB and he mentioned they have a Point of Origins Vol.2 forthcoming...a bit of a google search found this:
https://www.junodownload.com/products/point-of-origin-vol-2-unmixed/3545003-02/

1. GLXY & QZB - Yes Jah
2. Serum, Paul T & Edward Oberon - Burning
3. Macca & Loz Contreras - On My Mind
4. Paul SG - Holy Moly
5. Mitekiss - Good Need
6. Phaction - Distant Lovers
7. Data 3 - Sorrow (feat Blake)
8. Satl - Jamaican Dub
9. Koherent - Infatuate
10. Gerra & Stone - System
11. Dub Elements - Like That
12. Flaco - Type Of Way
13. Was A Be - Hold On
14. Ill Truth - Lemon
15. Neve & Crimson - Solar Rain (feat Gianni Denitto)

Some big names in here!

I haven't paid much attention to Shogun recently, but i'm definitely into that Ed:it EP
yeah I was same for a bit there man!

but they have some real artists on the roster now - Satl, Mitekiss, My Nu Leng, ED:IT, Pola & Bryson, etc, with the stables Technimatic (and Joe Ford and Fourward doing the heavy thing).

Shogun has been doing much better then last few years agreed. looking forward this point of origins vol 2, wasn't too sold on the first one. Loving all those names on this too!

There also is a Friction LP coming right? His DJ skills are amazing, but what do people think of him as a producer?

That compilation looks a lot better than the first one, looking forward to hearing the tunes!

long overdue a Shogun Audio thread

the Point of Origins Vol.2 looks sweet. Wonder if they'll stretch to a vinyl release on this one? as it looks better that Volume 1

There also is a Friction LP coming right? His DJ skills are amazing, but what do people think of him as a producer?

he has released some alright tunes in the past, as well as represented some labels like Renegade Hardware, Playaz, 31 Records and Underfire, but I've never gone out of my way to buy a Friction tune, and he's gone a bit RAM mainstreamy for me

Friction has jacked in his Radio 1 slot to focus more on his DJ and production career - https://www.facebook.com/frictiondeejay/posts/10155507123245935

^ That's indeed a great tune, hope his album contains more of that.
(And less "Dare")

His last tune when I saw him this summer had (in my opinion at least) a nice vocal, can't really say something about the drop because of the bass overload.

That LP is pretty underwhelming, eh? Some good names but tunes not so much. Would play 2 out of the 15.

That LP is pretty underwhelming, eh? Some good names but tunes not so much. Would play 2 out of the 15.
they're not all bangers....but I think Yes Jah is one of my favourites of the year, System is a better tune than anything that was on Gerra & Stone's album (for mine), Burning is cool (maybe not as good as some of Serum's tunes lately, ofc), Holy Moly is a sick roller, Sorrow is DEEP, Infatuate is a stepper, Jamaican Dub is dope and On My Mind is pretty nice. In fact, I can't remember any varying artist releases that are as good as this for a while (anyone got any suggestions)?

This mix was easier to judge them with (btw T/L is wrong, Solar Rain is AFTER Infatuate):

Back
Top Bottom