Forthcoming Ram Records

Loved the run of remixes they had a couple years ago. In and out of phase, we've only just begun, think about it, scale it back, heartbeat spring to mind.

I want someone who complains about their sound to write a blog giving details of every tune and which parts are identical and so on... go on!

I want someone who complains about their sound to write a blog giving details of every tune and which parts are identical and so on... go on!

I don't think people mean the songs are identical I think they mean the sound that they put out. You have to admit the tunes are getting kind of the same....its like dub phizix has a sound...the tunes are not identical but u know it's him without checking a TL.

I don't think people mean the songs are identical I think they mean the sound that they put out. You have to admit the tunes are getting kind of the same....its like dub phizix has a sound...the tunes are not identical but u know it's him without checking a TL.

Basically this, that was the best way to put it.

Let's not forget these hench remixes they did:

They may be rinsing their sound but tbh I can't really think of any producers who sound that similar to them apart from maybe Insideinfo or DLR, I mean I think if anything they're two of the few dancefloor/neurofunk producers who have actually managed to carve out a sense of identity and that actually have some funk present in their basslines. I mean would you lot prefer that they switched their sound design to Mefjus snares or walls of noise that a lot of other neurofunk producers are battering?

This is C&T thing is actually quite saddening to me. After 15+ years of enjoying their music this album truly is the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Calyx & Teebee, u guys will be sadly missed :lighter:

They may be rinsing their sound but tbh I can't really think of any producers who sound that similar to them

The best Calyx & TeeBee tune in the last few years:

Anyways, I'm beyond tired of that sound they're pushing since their first RAM LP. Basically the only 2 tunes which stood out in that matter were Scavenger and Elevate This Sound, the rest just uses the same elements and some tunes are better (Starstruck, Skank, Long Gone), some are worse (everything else). I'm still waiting for one odd tune that won't use it because given the ideas in their latest tunes it could very well be a one to remember. Oh well.

Taylor Swift > C&T > Sigma

This' how it is. Not joking. 1989 is a brilliant pop album. C&T's new album is far from being a brilliant D&B album. Sigma's neither.

Back
Top Bottom