Forthcoming Ram Records

Calyx & Teebee album, whatever Culture Shocks got coming.... that's about all that excites me about RAM now. What a big old shame!

Calyx & Teebee album, whatever Culture Shocks got coming.... that's about all that excites me about RAM now. What a big old shame!
Audio, DC Breaks, Loadstar, Delta Heavy, Wilkinson and now Culture Shock have all gone to shit on RAM. Only one good song on the latest Culture Shock EP it and it wasn't that Piano Dark crap. City Lights was blatant pop music and I have no idea why anyone was waiting for it.

Calyx & Teebee make half rubbish/half bangers so still will keep an ear out for the good ones, and they've got Rene LaVice going strong, but really what else does RAM have going? Bensley didn't live up to expectations... Sub Focus is MIA... June Miller and Teddy Killers are hit or miss...

Am I being too skeptical or have I maybe moved on from the RAM sound? It's not looking good in my opinion.

Last edited:
It is a jolly old shame that their talented roster aren't keen on making more underground bangers that they're certainly capable of anymore, that's the biggest shame, the wasted talent!

DC Breaks are shit ever since SWAG. Teddy Killerz are shit ever since the move from ProgRAM to RAM. June Miller are more miss than hit, Audio is more miss than hit, Delta Heavy are more miss than hit, Loadstar are more miss than hit, Calyx & TeeBee are more miss than hit, Wilkinson is hit & miss, Culture Shock is still more hit than miss, but lately he's been slacking. As an avid hater of City Lights for years I can't actually say it's a bad tune in the end. Vocal edit is shit, but instrumental is epic. The only three people standing tall in the roster as of now are Frankee, Hamilton and most importantly Rene LaVice. Bensley's album lived up to my expectations tbh. I haven't expected anything groundbreaking and it was nice to see a different kind of approach towards the modern RAM sound. They should get rid of half of their artists and move Legion & Logam, Gerra & Stone and Stealth to the main imprint.

This is probably unnecessary but: as much as I'd agree on the last few statements above (expect LaVice who's been churning out Headlock clones / modifications or SPY clones aka. The Calling) RAM aren't doing an awful lot wrong. They are the best selling label on Beatport and RAM in the end is a business. If you want underground, then look elsewhere and ignore it. I've been surviving with that tactic ;)

DC Breaks are shit ever since SWAG. Teddy Killerz are shit ever since the move from ProgRAM to RAM. June Miller are more miss than hit, Audio is more miss than hit, Delta Heavy are more miss than hit, Loadstar are more miss than hit, Calyx & TeeBee are more miss than hit, Wilkinson is hit & miss, Culture Shock is still more hit than miss, but lately he's been slacking. As an avid hater of City Lights for years I can't actually say it's a bad tune in the end. Vocal edit is shit, but instrumental is epic. The only three people standing tall in the roster as of now are Frankee, Hamilton and most importantly Rene LaVice. Bensley's album lived up to my expectations tbh. I haven't expected anything groundbreaking and it was nice to see a different kind of approach towards the modern RAM sound. They should get rid of half of their artists and move Legion & Logam, Gerra & Stone and Stealth to the main imprint.

More or less agree with all of this, apart from the fact that I'd say Hamilton isn't really standing that tall, and June Miller are probably balanced in terms of hit and miss (that album of theirs was great imo). And also, I'd say Gerra & Stone are probably more suited for Dispatch than RAM.

More or less agree with all of this, apart from the fact that I'd say Hamilton isn't really standing that tall, and June Miller are probably balanced in terms of hit and miss (that album of theirs was great imo). And also, I'd say Gerra & Stone are probably more suited for Dispatch than RAM.

Mega agree!

The thing is, when it comes to imprints and artists, it's not about who's more suited for what anymore. I think they've proved more than capable of making various sounds and if they aim to get bigger, RAM can surely help them a lot more in that matter (no offense towards Dispatch of course).

I don't see the fuss about Rene. Headlock clones is a bang on statement. Frankee still makes half decent underground b sides but they're not stand out, no shelf life there. People are too quick to want to get a vocalist on a tune these days. It's almost like they can't not have a vocalist lol!

And the thing about Ram is that you can put out a tune that isn't mainstream and it still be big, maybe not massively in the uktop40 or whatever but still within the whole DNB scene!

Back
Top Bottom