Forthcoming Modern Conveniences Releases

Modern Conveniences is proud to present the stunning debut from DJ and producer Alegria. The Petrograd EP draws on Alegria’s autonomic roots while managing to eschew derivativeness. The title track wraps beautiful chords and melodies around a framework of glitched drums and percussion. The slow burn of Cryosphere is reminiscent of Heart Drive, while Alegria and Voitek Noir up the tension with cinematic thriller The Flood. The EP closes with Eusebeia’s enigmatic rework of Cryosphere.

Petrograd EP is available on all digital & streaming platforms May 24th.

Modern Conveniences is proud to present the stunning debut from DJ and producer Alegria. The Petrograd EP draws on Alegria’s autonomic roots while managing to eschew derivativeness. The title track wraps beautiful chords and melodies around a framework of glitched drums and percussion. The slow burn of Cryosphere is reminiscent of Heart Drive, while Alegria and Voitek Noir up the tension with cinematic thriller The Flood. The EP closes with Eusebeia’s enigmatic rework of Cryosphere.

Petrograd EP is available on all digital & streaming platforms May 24th.

@Alegria 👍🏻👍🏻

Cheers @The Watcha, hope you like the music (yn)

what a nice debut this is. 😍 like'em all, especially "cryosphere". and top-notch remix by eusebeia who can't do no wrong.
sincerely hope that there's more to come, alegria.

Big up @William Stutter - thanks for the kind words man! And yeah Seb just blew me away with the remix, I couldn't be happier with the first ever remixer of any music of mine :slayer: There is indeed more to come, but first... pre-orders on Bandcamp should be up today!

Forgot to mention, In-Reach have premiered "Cryosphere" on their Soundcloud on Saturday, so here we go:

The EP will be out around 8am PT today (which is 4pm UK, 5pm CET) on the ModCons bandcamp, but if you still wanna be part of the pre-order massive, go ahead and pre-order now, I won't say no to that either :teeth:

The rest of the tunes can be heard on preview clips on the ModCons SC atm, which I imagine will be replaced by full-length previews on BC when the release hits:

That's a real bummer. Hope they will come back at some point....

To be honest I hope they don’t. They were cool at first but they really hurt my sales the last few months as people nearly stopped buying any music that wasn’t released on BC Friday. Then they would forget about the release by the time BC Friday did come around. I would do an extra bit of promo to remind people but there were so many releases coming out that day it was impossible to cut through the noise. I’ve spoken to several other label owners who are also glad it’s over for the exact same reasons as me.

Bandcamp’s heart was in the right place, but after a year of BC Fridays it created a really strange consumer pattern where people were basically saving up and only buying music one day a month and in the end that made things really difficult for label owners.

To be honest I hope they don’t. They were cool at first but they really hurt my sales the last few months as people nearly stopped buying any music that wasn’t released on BC Friday. Then they would forget about the release by the time BC Friday did come around. I would do an extra bit of promo to remind people but there were so many releases coming out that day it was impossible to cut through the noise. I’ve spoken to several other label owners who are also glad it’s over for the exact same reasons as me.

Bandcamp’s heart was in the right place, but after a year of BC Fridays it created a really strange consumer pattern where people were basically saving up and only buying music one day a month and in the end that made things really difficult for label owners.
Oh, thats interesting. That's exactly what I did. Saving tracks in my basket on bandcamp and buying everything on bandcamp friday. I did the same with your label. A shame, that a good intention didn't bode well in the end for smaller labels. Thanks for the explanation.

I would imagine most people just weren’t adding the releases to their carts like you were. If everyone was doing that I’m sure it would have been fine.

I would imagine most people just weren’t adding the releases to their carts like you were. If everyone was doing that I’m sure it would have been fine.

I guess it depends on the people. Those who are aware of what BC Friday stands for, would make sure to wishlist / add to cart in anticipation of BC Fridays and then splurge on the big day. While it may have not been ideal for labels in terms of a more distributed revenue over time, I always thought just by saving you from BC taking their cut that day would have made a huge difference! Really interesting POV tbh, but with the amount of money I've spent on music in 2020 and 2021 I really wanna make sure most (if not all) of the money goes directly to the artists and labels involved!

With that said, I hate to be the ACKSHUALLY guy, but actually :teeth: this is far from the last BC Friday - they've sent out an email that they're doing another Juneteenth Fundraiser and mentioned this:

On Friday, June 18th, from midnight to midnight Pacific Time, we’ll hold our second annual Juneteenth fundraiser where we donate 100% of our share of sales to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The LDF has a long history of effectively enacting change through litigation, advocacy, and public education, and we’re doing this annually in recognition of the fact that real progress towards racial equity requires a sustained, ongoing commitment. We’ll promote the fundraiser to fans the week before June 18th, and hope you’ll help us spread the word.

Also! The next Bandcamp Friday will be on August 6th, and we’ll continue to hold those on the first Friday of the month for the rest of 2021.

I guess it depends on the people. Those who are aware of what BC Friday stands for, would make sure to wishlist / add to cart

People are busy and they have a million things fighting for their attention. I don’t begrudge them for not remembering.

with the amount of money I've spent on music in 2020 and 2021 I really wanna make sure most (if not all) of the money goes directly to the artists and labels involved!

Of course, just remember that any day is a great day to support your favorite labels. 🙂

With 3VS’s second EP the group appear to be questioning what genre labels mean. From the halftime jungle of the title track the trio of Monika, Akuratyde, and Tellus are clearly making a statement. Pulsing bass and breaks build the foundation for chopped vocals and hip-hop inspired synths, building to an incredible and unexpected melodic changeup. In “Monuments” ascendant synths glide along footwork rhythms atop a bed of dreamy atmospherics. Frequent label collaborators Jaskin & Uneven bring their signature synth work to the autonomic odyssey of “Pulse Notes”. Lastly, “Autumn Leaves” sees the group exploring a different tempo with a vibrant and restless track that sits somewhere between techno and garage.

In Love EP is available on all digital & streaming platforms June 18th.

Back
Top Bottom