Forthcoming METALHEADZ!

"The Hardcore" off that Jem One thing is pretty nice! My favourite thing of his on Headz so far.

Black Barrel thing is actually not bad but it's one of those things where a techy producer tries to be "interesting" and doesn't quite get there but fails in an interesting way. The first tune would be sick as fuck if that vocal was a bit less Beatporty

It's totally understandable that there would be a pipeline from Dispatch to Headz, but perhaps someone needs to block the toilets.

block the toilets lol

Lotus is decent, love the tech bass - didn't listen to the rest as they're pressed at 33rpm and will never get played on big mans rig.

I would have loved to have gotten Black Barrel's 'lost meaning' and 'hear the sound' on a nice heavy 45rpm plate instead of this multi 33rpm....

block the toilets lol

Lotus is decent, love the tech bass - didn't listen to the rest as they're pressed at 33rpm and will never get played on big mans rig.
Playing vinyl only in 2019...ok, but playin 45rpm plates only? Isn't that kind of depressing to miss 90% of the released tunes?

Playing vinyl only in 2019...ok, but playin 45rpm plates only? Isn't that kind of depressing to miss 90% of the released tunes?

yes, i miss out on a ton of good stuff, but if im being honest i view 33rpm multi track plates a waste of time and money as they sound shite, have no clarity or bass and don't really get played by me, they gather dust. multi 33's are slightly better for house i suppose but high definition D&B sounds in my opinion absolutely terrible at 33rpm, where 1 side of vinyl has multiple tracks. when a track is very long and it's cut at 33rpm and 1 track per side it's a bit better though.

other people may disagree i admit, and some people prefer quantity over quality, but for me its the opposite, id rather have two amazing tracks 1 per side on a 45 than multi track 33's.

and yes i'm vinyl only, it's just my preference... i prefer owning something and playing a tangible medium, i like collecting.

In My Head sounding nice

HLZ - Eternal E.P. (META78 Expected 25 Oct 2019)

A1. Eternal
a2. Ultradogs
b1. Hidden Memory
b2. Hyperion

Some audio swag for your wet listening
Fuckhole

SWAG...

9159b624-bec1-486a-a792-104447fcc3d6.jpg

Fucking huge album :trump:

yes, i miss out on a ton of good stuff, but if im being honest i view 33rpm multi track plates a waste of time and money as they sound shite, have no clarity or bass and don't really get played by me, they gather dust. multi 33's are slightly better for house i suppose but high definition D&B sounds in my opinion absolutely terrible at 33rpm, where 1 side of vinyl has multiple tracks. when a track is very long and it's cut at 33rpm and 1 track per side it's a bit better though.

other people may disagree i admit, and some people prefer quantity over quality, but for me its the opposite, id rather have two amazing tracks 1 per side on a 45 than multi track 33's.

and yes i'm vinyl only, it's just my preference... i prefer owning something and playing a tangible medium, i like collecting.

There are quite a few vinyl that have been pressed at 33 & sound absolutely fine. Obviously you have to adjust the gain accordingly, but if you're using a decent set of needles (Shures), there shouldn't be an issue.

I'd like there to be a blind experiment where someone listens to tracks pressed at 33 & 45 to see if they can tell the difference.

There are quite a few vinyl that have been pressed at 33 & sound absolutely fine. Obviously you have to adjust the gain accordingly, but if you're using a decent set of needles (Shures), there shouldn't be an issue.

I'd like there to be a blind experiment where someone listens to tracks pressed at 33 & 45 to see if they can tell the difference.

i've got a good set up, and i do adjust the gain, to me the difference between a single sided 45 and a multi sided 33rpm is like comparing a wav to a 128kbps file, involving less bass and treble also.

its a clean cut case of making a decision of quantity over quality, otherwise there'd be little point in EVER releasing vinyl with 1 track per side, if the quality was the same every single vinyl release would be a multi. e.g thankfully doc scott releases an e.p with 4 tracks over 2 plates, which is awesome for me. if multi track 33's sounded the same as single sided 45's he would just put all 4 tracks on 1 vinyl, right? The label owners are aware of this, but as they dj digital formats now they don't really care, plus they're thinking some people prefer quantity over quality which is fair enough. Me myself, i dont even bother listening to the clips of multi 33's as i'm never going to buy them. PLATES ONLY for me.

it matters less on old skool jungle production which sounds reasonable on multi 33's i think, but cutting edge high definition producers, like noisia etc sound utterly terrible at 33rpm, it's like removing half of the production quality.

some people disagree, thats cool, but to my ears, they're wrong.

I never had an issue with the way tunes sound on a two-per-side thing tbh, if it's a reasonably sparse tune it's grand, it's just stuff with shitloads of high frequency content that gets a bit messy sometimes. All those Exit and Cylon etc jams sound grand to me for example. I do prefer one per side and rarely buy stuff pressed that way unless I absolutely have to.

Yeah the more sparse jungle style tunes sound ok on a multi 33. Admittedly I'm fussier than most, also I never play all 4 tracks on a multi and just tend to play the best 2, so to me I'm usually thinking they should have just picked the best 2 and put 1 per side.

The new current value album sounds really good, but there is no way the vinyl will be worthwhile with 3 tracks per side. To me, his high end production is just simply not suited to such quantity over quality pressing.

Back
Top Bottom